Can you guess how Stephen Elop addressed the employees that Microsoft is giving the pink slip to?
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 05:08 posted on
Among yesterday's burst of news that came out straight from Microsoft, one story in particular came with a higher amount of dismal and will surely affect a large number of people...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
ELOP must be among who will get fired.........
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
More like buttkick this trojan
23. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
ELOP must be among who will get fired.........
32. ryq24 (Posts: 538; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Who wants to read that long letter especially when you are getting fired?
36. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I wonder if he is reading all of our comments?
70. corporateJP (Posts: 1852; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I wish he would.
I also wish he'd come to my house (without all his lame security guards), I'd give him an Irish cocktail on the house...
33. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I'd understand M$ if the majority was their own personnel.
But 12500 from 18000 are former Nokia members.
F*ck you, M$, even Sammy wouldn't do things like this.
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8924; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And you felt the need to bring Samsung here... You literally are the troll of the year.
49. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
S-Hut up S-Murfette.
You don't know Sammy.
71. corporateJP (Posts: 1852; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You mean he doesn't get enough of a workout on you?
44. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I hope and pray he will be among the 18000 people Microsoft wants to fire. He really deserves it. What a jerk!
45. Loubielou (Posts: 261; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
If Microsoft can Employ a Stupid Person like Mr Elop,then they will never be Succesful anytime,He must have loads of Money an Microsoft are so Scared off giving him the Sack,Is Time at Nokia just should he didn"t want to Please Consumers but just the Microsoft Board by Just Downgrading Nokia to its Lowest Value as that what is Target was so Microsoft could act like heroes an Overtake Nokia,Apple produce phones an pcs to please consumers but Microsoft can"t do the Same even though they think there as good as Apple
72. corporateJP (Posts: 1852; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Microsoft is on life support right now, all this is proof.
Even the Roman Empire fell...
46. superfans (Posts: 153; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
How about slash 30% of your pay check so at least 5% of the employes get to keep the jobs. MxxxxrFxxxxr...
52. PhoneCritic (Posts: 375; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I agree. If any company claims to be so caring about its customers and employees/humanity period why not share the burden and slash Elops and The new CEO's compensation so that a percentage of hard working front-line employees can keep their minimum wage jobs. All corporations disgust me when they treat their most precious resource (people ) like garbage yet give their CEO's and Boards huge compensation and golden parachutes. This goes for Google, Apple, IBM, Microsoft Oracal, HP, etc... As far as I am concerned when a company is not doing good don't take it out on the common worker who is doing what he is told to do. take it out on the board of directors, the CEO, CFO,COO etc.. cut their pay. Arrrggggg this part of capitalism burns me up
51. iampayne (Posts: 257; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The people upset with this obviously don't understand how a company works so you should get over it. People get fire Its called the price of doing business. Yes its sad but its reality stop whinning. If I lost my job tomorrow I would suck it up and look for a new one simple as that.
54. PhoneCritic (Posts: 375; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Today you can only do that so much. Times have changed an People have become more deprave. It used to be that a company was very loyal to its works who were in turn loyal to their company. You could work for the same company for 30 years and retire with the gold watch or pen and a great pension. companies were not that driven by as much greed we see today and the pressures of stock holder demanding instant profits. Companies like Pepsi, Coke, Ford, GM, Standard oil, Johnson and Johnson, American Airlines, TWA, Sears and Roebucks, etc.. Had one CEO and a board ( no COO, or CTO) tiles and not a revolving door of young hotshots who come in and raid the company of its profits based on their exuberant compensation packages and even if they drove the company to the ground get a multi-million dollar golden parachute. No. every CEO got their start in the company by starting out in the mail room and moving up through the ranks in every single department in the company so that they were aware of what the common work went through- they became friends with the front line workers and understood they were their most valuable assets. those days are gone and were left with these guys that come from college with MBAs heading straight to the top and destroying company and peoples lives.
73. corporateJP (Posts: 1852; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
A degree of any sort does not automatically insinuate intelligence, common sense, or real-world experience, it just shows somebody spent a bunch of money for a piece of paper. People sometimes laugh at this, but there's plenty of proof in the ashes of multiple companies.
77. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 693; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Of course you would; everyone would do that, considering there's no alternative. Still doesn't mean it's a good decision...
57. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
NO MORE MICROSOFT MOBILE DEVICES FOR ME
62. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I wonder where Rodney is guys....?
58. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6741; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I hate that evil GRIND smile feel sorry for those lost their jobs at NOKIA and now MS
76. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 693; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
"Nokia focused on hardware; MS don't give a s**t about hardware"... Not the best of messages for potential customers!
79. Roynz (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
remember proverbial everything it touches turns gold..MS is opposite of it.
took Hotmail - turned crap
took Skype- forces you to crease MS account
Launched Surface- prices it premium but does it really appeal?
Launched Outlook email- still antiquated full email typing everytime and scrolling down is so messy.
Windows phone- yeah try forcing your software and see what you get ..both hardware and software will sink.
office365- so you want to get yearly payment from me??? cloud is not there yet!!
XP- we can't help sorry upgrade to one which majority hates- I want pc not a tablet so stop converting my pc to tablet.
there are still more...but you get the drift
83. medicci37 (Posts: 721; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Sucks that the people at the bottom have to suffer for the arrogance & stubborn incompetence of the people at the top once again