Can you guess how Stephen Elop addressed the employees that Microsoft is giving the pink slip to?
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 05:08 posted on
Among yesterday's burst of news that came out straight from Microsoft, one story in particular came with a higher amount of dismal and will surely affect a large number of people...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
He only need 2 sentences to fired 12,500, and of course he talk about microsoft product.
41. sgodsell (Posts: 2800; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Elop told them "Where do you want to go today?". It can be any where, just not here.
56. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
My boss always says at the end of the day, "You don't have to go home, but you gotta get the hell out of here."
He spares us the novel.
91. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
The ultimate betrayal by Elop. He betrayed Nokia, its shareholders and now the staff too!
47. Ashoaib (Posts: 3125; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I didnt like elop or flop for termiting nokia and now I also dont like nadella for bed bugging so many people...
50. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Vintage Elop. He will be arrogant to the day he dies.
53. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Don't worry, karma, God will get him, for what he's done
80. hassoups (Posts: 470; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
How he still has a job in the industry is mind-blowing.
84. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Apparently competence isn't a requirement for running MS
87. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Because he was a secret weapon. Microsoft might sent him to apple, or bb, or google, or intel, or amd, or maybe wells fargo bank.
89. aksa123 (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Actually, he only needs to say 3 words : YOU ARE FIRED !!!
2. GreekGeek (Posts: 1228; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Probably 80 percent of them will end up in a part time minimum wage job.
And when youre above 50, chances are you will never get a job again.
21. Trolloftheyear (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Eflop is a burden for humanity.
90. Settings (Posts: 1355; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
I just want to know Bill Gates' comment on this.
3. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1446; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I have been aid off before and thought more about my severance money and getting a new Job more than what an exec says. It's always an awkward circumstance for People to try to
talk to People they have to say your "JOB IS GONE" Thanks for your great service. God Bless you! best of luck, GOOD BYE! Nothing a person can say can really take the shock away. Each person must know they will go on and will find a way to SURVIVE!
64. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Yeah been there too.
When our company closed down, our CEO made the best possible email ever. Contained everything I wanted to hear/read.
something like this:
"Our company is closing down. Everyone have until the end of the day to pack up your stuff, go home, and tell your family about it. Wait for your check on (date here). If you are free tomorrow I'll be n the pub below, beer's on me."
78. Roynz (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
:) same here... sad part of modern ruthless business
4. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That's not cool. That's not how you do it. By firing employees you're not developing your business.
5. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
They mostly firing the Asha team, and nokia X team.
39. Finalflash (Posts: 2547; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Oh well why didn't you say so earlier. That makes the whole thing less of a humanitarian crisis. I mean those teams' members can hardly be considered human so it doesn't really matter.
75. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Yup, those 12.000 peeps working on Nokia X development...
6. luis.d (Posts: 307; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Now I'm terrified each time Boss says "Hello there, Luis!".
7. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
As long as you have a forward thinking, and not stuck behind, you should not affraid at your boss.
38. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I believe Meanestgenuis always follows you...?
55. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Yeah, I've been followed by that psycho. LOL
If I said, "As long as you have a forward thinking, and not stuck behind with expired product such as bb, you should not affraid at your boss.". Meanestgenius will scream and crying again. LOL
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Luis D. trolling your boss in comment section is not good! :D
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I wonder whose next:
What about the moderator. ..?
61. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I know, I was in a hurry
Looks like your a regular reader on here?
67. Busyboy (unregistered)
And Ray S
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2138; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Damn...but don't forget, you work for the greatest company in the world
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 4977; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Instant classic just like his burning platform memo now use as a case study his many university on what not to do as a CEO and exactly what to do if you are a Trojan horse sent by an evil empire.
12. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Elop didn't work for Google, he couldn't have been working of the evil empire.
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
O please be honest.
Liveitup said the truth
+1 to him
That P oS
37. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2377; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Like Google is the only evil empire out there. Every single multinational has done things that are 'evil'.
15. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I wonder if arenanew and Liveitup are the same guy...
34. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No they can't be.
Arenanew is an Apple fan, Liveitup loves MS Nokia WP.
59. joey_sfb (Posts: 4977; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yeah! We all know how microsoft shows its love and care for its employees. Maybe I should write to microsoft that miss out on one of the most redundant employee by the nick of Liveitup.
68. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Still a tool Microsoft poser, I see.
A true 4%er.
Microsoft is nothing in the mobile business without Nokia, and they'll continue to find this out.
Microsoft didn't "bail" Nokia out as previously believed, it was really the other way around all along.
Windows Phone will go the way of Windows Mobile.
16. Trolloftheyear (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I agree with you. You might be the troll of the year in PA but this guy is a troll of this era.
11. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I hate looking at this guy's stupid face. Love Microsoft but this all makes me sick.
29. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
If a company does something bad it's bad regardless of how much I like them. Fanboy yes but a blind fanboy no
69. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
LOL. Whatever, man. You pull off to his picture daily.
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I feel the same to.
God I hate this p O S
86. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1369; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Is it me, or does this guy have an eerie resemblance to Lewis Black?