Can the HTC One X survive three drops?
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Apr 2012, 00:37
The HTC One X has been enjoying its European Vacation before its May 6th launch in the States; does HTC's new flagship model have what it takes to survive a drop onto the cold, hard concrete below? Check out the story, captured on video just for you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iDroidx650 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 00:56 4 1
Is anybody else having problems with data connection. Mine goes from 3G to H every few minutes. I'm using it on AT&T. I know it's not a network issue cause my iPhone and lumia are working okay. As for switching between h and 3G, my galaxy nexus did that but it never cut data connection.
10. robinrisk posted on 20 Apr 2012, 08:25 2 0
If it does not drop the connection while switching from H to 3G, im pretty sure that thats normal. Mine does it to and i believe its because its switching form upload to download mode when HSDUPA is available.
2. shayan posted on 20 Apr 2012, 01:00 7 1
good job HTC. though a shatered screen is a very bad thing ( one of my friends changed her HD2 for it costs a brand new, midrange samrtphone to repair it in our contry) face down drops are rare. most drops are from edges.
3. aooep posted on 20 Apr 2012, 02:26 8 0
Drop tests are always fun...as long as it isn't mine :O
5. CivicSi89 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 03:55 3 0
ok ill be the first to say it. had it been an iPhone 4. it would have broke on the first drop. either the front or the back. i know from experience. not to bash the iPhone. its just super fragile. (backlash in 3...2...1...)
6. stylinred posted on 20 Apr 2012, 04:36 2 0
makes me appreciate my N8 even more... ive dropped it sooooo many times on all sorts of surfaces and everything is fine except for some nicks and scratches
i even had a drop from 1 story high but that did dent my top end cap (plastic) and i had to have it replaced
7. GuiltyBystander posted on 20 Apr 2012, 04:47 2 1
I have a weak heart, I couldn't watch the whole video :(.
8. wendygarett posted on 20 Apr 2012, 05:25 0 2
I think one V will survive when face down... remember the ugly chin at the bottom of the screen? it probably will protect the screen...
9. kshell1 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 07:15 1 0
Why are you trolling on all the android articles? your almost as bad as exvac .-.
14. stylinred posted on 21 Apr 2012, 07:27 0 0
he's talking about his HTC One V.... trolling? take the stick outta yer....
11. k1ng617 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 10:26 1 0
That looked really good for the first two drops, and I'm not expert but it sounded really solid when it hit the ground i.e. good quality? Cheers either way
12. gwuhua1984 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 11:07 1 0
Gorilla glass.... scratch resistant but not drop resistant
13. Archan_Pe posted on 21 Apr 2012, 05:57 0 1
LOL and this is why i love my N9, lol strong screen and barely noticeable scratches and and ive dropped it like more or less 23 times