Can Sony's rumored 6.44" Togari phone rival a Galaxy Note III if both came with a stylus?
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Jan 2013, 06:00
Not to say that Snapdragon 800, a 6.4" Full HD screen and 3,500 mAh battery are not impressive, but what caught our attention is that Sony is making the big screen matter with a stylus silo, like in Samsung's Note series, and equipping the handset with an IR blaster to serve as a remote control for your home electronics...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. sats.mine2k4 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 06:54 3
NOTE 3 VS SONY TOGARI ....I want both probably ...
36. Amidamaru212 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 07:34 8
I think, that there use Sony stylus, which he patented some time ago, with with friction-based haptic feedback... If this were true, it would be awesome and Sony would have the upper hand.
37. ubuntu posted on 25 Jan 2013, 07:48 0
38. ajac09 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 07:58 0
If the specs are true I may finally own a sony phone
39. IU_Lover posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:09 5
Dayum, I want to wait for their H2 flagship, but that's too long.... I'm just gonna get the Z. :)
40. BabyWade posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:13 1
If these specs are true then yes it can compete with the GN3, but i'm more interested in the software features & if they can match-up or exceed samsung's usual offering.
58. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 15:09 0
That's the key......can Sony provide the software to match the hardware or will they design a phone that is boggle down by sluggish software. The hardware is only as good as the software and vice-versa.
42. REYNER posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:26 3
the specs looks very capable and something to be excite about but i think 6.44 is too much for a phone 5.5 to 5.8 i guess would be enough
44. rusticguy posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:53 2
Will have to switch from wearing trousers to wearing Pyjamas to office.
50. InspectorGadget80 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 11:35 2
OH HELL YEAH they will beat the crap out of the GS NOTE II. this is a promising year for SONY and the battery life DAMN
52. affandi posted on 25 Jan 2013, 12:41 3
So let me get this right, Huawei manages to squeeze in 4050 mAh in a 6.1 inch phone, and Sony only 3500 mAh in a 6.44 monster device.. what?
61. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 15:19 0
Didn't even see this post initially, but that would also be a concern of mine if I were interested in a tablet sized phone. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sony is trying to reduce the weight of the phone by using a smaller battery.
78. AstronautJones posted on 26 Jan 2013, 23:53 0
Good point. Think ALL manufacturers should have bigger batteries.
I do not need a credit card thin phone, need one that doesnt die on me.
54. appleandsonylover posted on 25 Jan 2013, 14:07 8
Sony will never be a copycat, stylus has been popularized a long time ago by Sony. Yes, maybe other companies have stylus before sony but they popularized it with their P series phones (P800, P900, P990i and so on...), Samsung will and cannot patent that.
60. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 15:15 0
Let's not forget, we are discussing Sammy and Sony, not Apple. Apple is the patent king who wants to patent everything.
59. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 15:12 0
I'd be a little concerned about the battery size, considering Sammy has placed a 3100mAh battery on a 5.5 inch screen phone and Sony is placing a 3500mAh on a 6.4 inch screen phone.
62. 1ceTr0n posted on 25 Jan 2013, 17:17 0
After all the shots Sony has pulled on the consumer, I don't care if the create a farming fusion reactor, they are no longer getting this ex Sony fanboys money any longer for any product, f**k em
63. Phaze0085 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 18:13 0
Yea. America was built on competition. Bring it on and may the best phone (with the best and best looking screen) win.
74. Abbath posted on 26 Jan 2013, 10:54 0
I love Samsung, but it I would also love to see some stiff competition! It keeps all the maufacturers on thier toes and gives us buyers good choices!
80. cR203 posted on 27 Jan 2013, 12:33 0
A note 3 will most likely have similar if not better spes than this. But aside from specs the software is what really counts. If samsung makes touchwiz and their software features as good as they did with the s3 and note 2 that would be a reason why the togari phone wouldn't be able to rival the note 3.
81. bipinm posted on 28 Jan 2013, 00:08 0
82. bipinm posted on 28 Jan 2013, 01:58 0
please dont say names of contributers...
its just rumors...nobody is doing a press conference...so...
85. omar98 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:21 0
Those specs are really starting to close the gap between phones and mid range PC's
89. mas39 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 05:18 0
If this is true, I will wait for this to come out, forget the Z and ZL, they're too small. Full hd phones should have a display size near 6" and above so this togari will be perfect, and NO I don't have big hands, I have small hands yet I find my 4.7" LG 4x hd on the small side.
91. adrianzka posted on 08 May 2013, 21:40 0
I doubt it will beat sgn3, but it will be a rival. Sammy have developed 4 GB LPDDR3 ram. I don't know if it will be in togari, but it will probably be in sgn 3.
92. Rationalized posted on 08 Jun 2013, 07:27 0
The togari looks too good to be true.A real classy premium phone.Nobody wants to buy Samsung anymore :D.