Camera vs. Smartphone: Infographic shares the impact our smartphones have had on regular cameras
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2014, 16:59 posted on
It should come as no surprise to you that increase smartphone sales are having a tragic effect on the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 617; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Thats a lot of photos in Facebook 140 billion..
5.2 billion mobile phone in use..By 2020 even a newborn will own a mobile phone...
2. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ive seen 3rd graders with iphone 5's its quite sad actually
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My cousin is nine and he has an iPhone lol...
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'll stick to my handy dandy Canon. The only smartphone that can match it's quality is the 1520/808/1020/Icon. Props to Nokia for that.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1520 and Icon downsized to 5MP. For those, I should have added compare.
But 808 and 1020 match/exceed quality without a doubt.
10. lucid.brat (Posts: 98; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I think you should have written the only phone which can outclass your handy dandy canon quality is Lumia 1020 or 808 instead of this"the only smartphone that can match its quality is the......as Lumia 1020 and 808 has better quality
6. Stuntman (Posts: 733; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Most of the pictures posted to social media or sent via the internet are taken by phones. I don't think that many of those pictures were taken by a dedicated camera. Posting a photo taken by most camera is no where near as simple as posting a photo taken by a phone.
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I'm better with my sony RX100 II. Best choice.
11. tarek1980 (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Last Summer I traveled with my family in a holiday, I carried A Canon G12 camera & my smartphone (Galaxy S3 mini), I found out that I can take pictures with my smartphone more easier, I used my camera only one time, but I used my smartphone for taking pictures every day.
I know that the quality my camera offer is much much better than my S3 mini but I ignored the quality, I just upgrade to Galaxy S4 to solve quality issues.
I believe companies like Canon & Nikon should start developing smartphone cameras