Camera samples of the Sony Xperia Z vs 808 PureView vs iPhone 5 vs Note II appear (macro, low light)
0. phoneArena posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:05
A couple of quick sample shots have emerged from a Sony event featuring a presentation of the upcoming Xperia Z flagship with "stacked" 13 MP Exmor RS sensor. The folks over there grabbed the Z, which was likely a non-final unit still, and snapped a few comparison photos with the Nokia 808 PureView, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Sony Xperia T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:21 8 0
All are great except for the Xperia T which has some kind of tint. I like the ones from Pureview and Xperia Z though.
5. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:43 24 2
Here's how i would conclude it:
2. Xperia Z
3. iPhone 5
4. Xperia T
5. Note II.
Although i'm l'le confused with the iPhone and T, i chose the iPhone because the T was darker than usual and lacked more detail than the iPhone.
Disappointed with Note II's lack of detail as i thought it would be better than T.
14. hung2900 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:30 5 0
A little bit annoying that with NoteII or Galaxy S3 we have to turn the low-light shooting on in every indoor situation. Most of comparisons skipped it (they thought it's not fair for others?)
23. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:38 0 0
I don't think it has problems with shooting where the lights are dim. What the image lacked was detail...it looked slightly muddy compared to the rest...a certain sharpness missing.
21. kobainez posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:01 10 0
We hv to remember that this xperia z is still in prototpe stage. The retail version will be better than this
37. emadshiny posted on 31 Jan 2013, 08:28 8 1
come on. T is much better than note. i think note 2 is the worst.
39. kclgphilsbsa posted on 31 Jan 2013, 08:59 1 4
not really.. go to gsmarena.com use their photo compare tool, use galaxy s3 or note 2 den compare it with other sony's phone esp the xperia T, ull see that no sony's phone beats the note2 and s3..
also the videos taken by galaxies are better..
in low light condition>i dont know..
2. joshOps85 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:22 9 1
clearly 808 pureview is the best but xperia z is also clearly the best out of the lower pixel phones.
Also interesting that the 808 doesn't do as close macro shots.
20. cezarepc posted on 31 Jan 2013, 05:39 0 0
My Nokia N8 can't do super-close macros (like the ones shown from the droids and iPhone5). I guess they implemented the same thing on the 808.
29. -RVM- posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:08 5 0
808 can't do as close macro shots because different optics (field of view ?) or something like that. However, you can use lossless zoom feature to get closer than other smartphones.
43. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 31 Jan 2013, 18:24 0 0
I agree, compared to the phones in the Xperia's class it is indeed the best, it improved on the Xperia T in term of fine details, noise and contrast! The contrast is what improved the most! Great job Sony!
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:30 15 1
I think the Z is going to be the smartphone camera to beat for 2013. And in an Android phone of all things, dayum!
Nothing like competition to spur innovation....
So Sony, which carriers are you going to release the Z on in the U.S.?
6. proto posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:49 0 6
Xperia Z camera making realy good picturesIbetter then iphone5), but cameraphone of 2013? I don't think so. S series and iPhone had best cameraphones last 2 years, so I expect they' will beat xperia z .. we only have to wait..
35. kobainez posted on 31 Jan 2013, 08:09 4 0
This is not the same SONY. This year is SONY only. Last year was SONY+Ericsson
38. kclgphilsbsa posted on 31 Jan 2013, 08:56 1 0
last year is Sony's start ryt?
15. XperiaUser posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:30 5 0
i m just starts thinking about next flagship from Sony with more better camera beast lolz......
17. SIGPRO posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:55 2 8
I don't think so, remember Nokia is coming with new Pureview phones. Even the old 808 beats the Xperia Z.
33. zuckerboy posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:47 3 1
yes 41 mp lumia with 2kg weight and 60mm thickness lol
48. jiezel91 posted on 02 Feb 2013, 12:04 0 0
not so smart of a joke you got there
9. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:10 3 16
Because the camera guy (sony fan) is afraid to lose hehehe
18. rgxVOiD posted on 31 Jan 2013, 05:08 9 0
From all the things you usually say, this is the worst
32. BLikens1619 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:45 1 0
Lest you forget, the iPhone 5 is sporting a Sony lens.
10. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:12 19 2
Kaliil...here's some tip.
1. Open the article.
2. Read the article.
3. Understand the article, and
11. alterecho posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:19 4 1
Well, its older and more powerful brother, the 808, is present.
13. XperiaUser posted on 31 Jan 2013, 04:24 1 0
i also want to see comparison btw Xperia Z and lumia 920 , but its too early to say Camera king to lumia , actually too early ;)
24. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:40 2 1
Atleast the 'brick' work wonders...unlike your brain which is underclocked.
25. zuckerboy posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:43 1 1
atleast i have brain ...
27. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:53 2 1
There you go...you just compared yourself to the 'brick' you were describing. Congratulations on getting new heights.
28. LumiaLover posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:59 1 1
34. zuckerboy posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:49 1 1
lol lumia lover ^^
8. CellieCell posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:56 11 2
Xperia Z makes the rest of the cameras look awful! The amount of details it picks up is amazing for a smartphone camera. I can't wait for it be released!
19. Emily1985 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 05:26 0 3
No, BB10z won this part(If you can lie, so I can too).
26. DerryAhmad posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:45 5 0
Pleasantly surprised by the result of Xperia Z Camera. You can actually see it's improving from Xperia T. The Note II photos are pretty abysmal IMO.
But yeah.. Kinda wish the Lumia 920 was present when they do this comparison.
31. BLikens1619 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:42 6 0
The Xperia Z blew them all away! Great color and clarity, especially on the pic 15, WOW!
36. papss posted on 31 Jan 2013, 08:14 0 4
There is only one reason they didn't include the 920...we al know the reason regardless of what you say.. Low light Lumia pictures are bar none.. Nothing (so far) can compete with them in that category... I went to the aquarium this past weekend and its all dark besides the tanks and I've never been so impressed with a phone camera
40. cripton805 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 11:20 2 1
I dont know how often you read the news here, but recently Nokia was releasing an update to help with the 920s blurry pictures.
I think it was a couple days ago.
Sooo.... Somebody is lying.
47. papss posted on 01 Feb 2013, 17:27 0 0
You once again fail to comprehend what I write.... LOW LIGHT.. Seriously it's not that hard to read and understand?
41. cripton805 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 11:28 0 0
I wonder why the first picture of the 808, is the only one at the same angle.
The rest of the pictures were pointing else where or further, etc...
Which the Z won in the first group.
No point in doing a picture comparison if youre looking for the best shot on the 808 and the others are the same.
Was it over exposure at being that close to the coin? I think so.
Was it over exposure or trying to get a TV shot instead on the last group? I think so.
45. legend1 posted on 01 Feb 2013, 07:28 0 0
not entirely true give nokia some time and you will see and this is a camera comparison not a sales comparison