Calling all developers: Sony kills publishing fee for PlayStation Mobile and Vita
0. phoneArena 09 May 2013, 22:12 posted on
Some may say that this is a last ditch effort by Sony to save its floundering mobile gaming platforms, and those people probably wouldn't be too far off. Even though the PlayStation Vita is a great piece of hardware, the software simply isn't there. And, even though PlayStation Mobile can't be found on too many mobile devices, it could also use more games. At least that seems to be the theory from Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Hand held console gaming is soo 2002.
I don't think that strategy will help SONY that much...it's only prolinging the agony prolly will add 2 nore years of life support b4 it eventually dies....RIP handheld console
2. pyradark (Posts: 857; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol, this will help playstation store to grow fast, and attract big company like apple and samsung to get PS certified!!
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
The days of 'dedicated' gadgets are over buddy...
Point and shoot cameras are dying as well
Blane it on smartphones
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Smartphones will never replace stuff like powerful desktops and receivers.
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
But most people can live without Computers or laptops using just a tablet or a phone.
I only use my PC nowadays when transferring contents to my tablet/phone
PC's are now reduced solely for content creation
9. n4n0Br4in (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I don't think so. Many of my friends (and me) still prefer using laptop for browsing, encoding, programming and play heavy game on PC. I rarely use my tablet.
As for hand held console, smartphone will never replace handheld.
11. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Really? I don't see any smartphone catching up with my RX100 and NEX-5R
12. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Say this to Sony but when its Nintendo I bet you'll say something different
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Most of the games and apps on play station mobile are not free and some of them sucks big time. I hope sony will keep on improving that starting of with removing this publishing fee so developers will now be more encouraged
6. .KRATOS. (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I hope to see playstation store on every window device and not just sony and some htc'c and to have decent games like god of war, black ops, mortal kombat and many more.
8. Avenger337 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Sony is doing its job, now they want more support to their handheld console that has so much power, but it needs more software support to succeed. Sony's decision seems great, now expected to secede.
10. .KRATOS. (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
And I also like to see the playstation store on all android devices thats how it'll grow and not just on some specific one's
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nice move sony! now, bring the vita OS on smartphones!
and also cut down the price of the memory card of the vita! the heck with the pricetag?!