Calling all 5-inchers: Full HD screen phones roundup
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2013, 14:36 posted on
Getting dizzy from all that pixel density jazz coming towards you from all directions at CES? We are too, so let's stop for a little, and round up what Full HD screen handsets are out there, or have been speculated on so far. Whether you think Full HD on a phone is an overreaction or not, better buckle up, because it is coming from all directions regardless...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
the sony xperia Z is the most intriguing to me of that bunch. more interested in the galaxy s4 though.
7. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have never seen a single person carrying a Sony device in all of my travels. My job takes me from NYC, Dallas, Charlotte, ect and not one Sony device. What does that tell you?
9. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
I bet you see a lot of iphones....What does that tell you ??
10. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
That you americans understand sh*t in technology and class.
Where i come from even little kids already heard about the XPERIA line...
11. smallworld (Posts: 485; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
You need glasses. (also the US does not represent the whole world)
14. Feanor (Posts: 725; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
It tells us that Sony phones are not popular in the USA... yet. Kind of expected if they are not properly marketed. But there are a few more billion people outside of the US and apparently they have bought a lot of Sony smartphones recently as the latest sales figures indicate.
19. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Who said they are expected, they are not popular bcoz... No sony phone has overpower Samsung bench marks right now.. and they release TOO LATE.... by the time xperia s released... Galaxy s3 released in 2 months and crushed it bigtime.. and even galaxy s2 had better processor with better bench marks.. what to say more..
34. gboo2565 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
I agree with your point about being late. If Sony say released late March that will surely be late April early May at best as per all previous phones..
35. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Thats true, but Fallout09 never generalized about the whole world. He was just saing what he has himself witnessed (or Not witnessed)
17. Katrina (Posts: 84; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
lol @ fallout09, you dont know what a sony phone looks like. hahhaa
20. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Yes bcoz.. no one buys its in USA and its hardy seen any where , seriously, I travel a lot too and I haven't seen it any where...All i see mostly Iphone.. due to craze.. and samsung or HTC, or some moto.. but rarely any sony..
18. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Agree, Sony doesn't sells in USA at all, DROID DNA is released months ahead of these.. so owning a DNA makes sense right... XPERIA Z is too late sames specs
RIGHT NOW DNA IS BEST IN WORLD..
But here is my rating of all these phones.
1. Galaxy s4 and Optimus g2
2. Sony Xperia Z
3. ZTE grand s
6. Droid DNA ... it will be still competitive... so GET THE DNA if you want to buy now.. or wait for GS 4
22. xSamx (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
droid dna? only LTE 700, only 16 GB (11 GB user available) without card slot, only 8 mp camera, only 2020 mah battery and it is near 1 cm bigger than SONY XPERIA ZL( and i cant even find it in my country).......thx but no thx i will w8 for the ZL.
30. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I use only LTE 700.. Verizon fastest and best carrier in the world.
Unlimited data and cloud services.. do not need a sd card..
1 cm bigeer... ahahahahahahaha... that makes no difference....
The battery performance is good for me and its TRUE Champion in stand by... and as its not in ur country I cant help it..
28. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Are you sure about that "Doesnt Sell"
so why on earth Sony become 3rd behind apple & sammy on Q3??
Plus Xperia is never been late, what ever Processor Sammy & others bought, Xperia Z design & build quality will kick them all :))
31. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
what .... DNA has same processor and screen.. 3 months ahead.. how the hell are they not late... and XPERIA S could not even compete against.. Exonsys inside galaxy s2.. are you Drunk..?
38. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It is actually a matter of geographical dominance too!!
Here in India, if observation is anything to go by, i mainly see
Moto and LG are rare
29. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
gs4 ugly and lg cheap as...
1. Sony Xperia Z
2.HTC butterfly (or DNA if you must)
40. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
"Add the 13 MP Exmor RS camera with HDR video capabilities, and the Xperia Z will very well climb on top of the smartphone ladder when it launches this quarter."
Don't think your precious DNA is the best phone in the world right now, to be honest.
Also you don't know how good the gs4 or g2 will be, so that's really just speculation, they may also have 2gb RAM and a Full HD screen etc etc and be another one of these generic 5"'s at the minute for all we know..
36. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ehh it doesn't matter how many carry what phone for me, while i want a premium brand phone (not some brand no one has heard of or thinks is cheap), after that i will choose the best phone available :) sony, samsung, htc, motorola, lg, apple or nokia, doesn't matter which i will choose the best phone available.
43. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
That Americans know nothing but s**t about technology. Proof? Vizio is the #1 TV company in the US. Not to mention Apple sales.
3. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Phonearena, you forgot to mention Alcatel Scribe X, and smartphone from Vizio. They both are also sporting 5" FullHD screens............
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Thanks Daniel, and good work.......thumbs up to you.......... I asked you to add those two phones also, as I wanted to save this page, for reference and comparing all the models at one place....... In future after mobile world congress you can add other new FullHD phones also to this very same list, so that we have all the FullHD phones on one page for comparing.......... Cheers and thanks again........ :)
4. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Xperia Z. You just can't compete with it.
32. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dna HAS SAME CPU AND BETTER SCREEN.. gs4 and lg optimus will have better cpu even zte..lol.. you drunk..
39. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Dude u need to mellow down with the HAHAHAHA and other aggressive stuff!!
42. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Except HTC's have s**t designs. The Xperia Z beautiful.