Calling all 5-inchers: Full HD screen phones roundup
Calling all 5-inchers: Full HD screen phones roundup Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. freebee269 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:45 12 3
the sony xperia Z is the most intriguing to me of that bunch. more interested in the galaxy s4 though.
7. Fallout09 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:13 4 18
I have never seen a single person carrying a Sony device in all of my travels. My job takes me from NYC, Dallas, Charlotte, ect and not one Sony device. What does that tell you?
9. GTR722 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:24 11 1
I bet you see a lot of iphones....What does that tell you ??
10. aokde posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:27 16 4
That you americans understand sh*t in technology and class.
Where i come from even little kids already heard about the XPERIA line...
21. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:23 2 4
11. smallworld posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:32 13 1
You need glasses. (also the US does not represent the whole world)
14. Feanor posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:50 5 2
It tells us that Sony phones are not popular in the USA... yet. Kind of expected if they are not properly marketed. But there are a few more billion people outside of the US and apparently they have bought a lot of Sony smartphones recently as the latest sales figures indicate.
19. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:20 3 5
Who said they are expected, they are not popular bcoz... No sony phone has overpower Samsung bench marks right now.. and they release TOO LATE.... by the time xperia s released... Galaxy s3 released in 2 months and crushed it bigtime.. and even galaxy s2 had better processor with better bench marks.. what to say more..
34. gboo2565 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:08 3 0
I agree with your point about being late. If Sony say released late March that will surely be late April early May at best as per all previous phones..
35. Mittal posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:11 0 0
Thats true, but Fallout09 never generalized about the whole world. He was just saing what he has himself witnessed (or Not witnessed)
17. Katrina posted on 09 Jan 2013, 16:52 2 0
lol @ fallout09, you dont know what a sony phone looks like. hahhaa
20. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:22 0 1
Yes bcoz.. no one buys its in USA and its hardy seen any where , seriously, I travel a lot too and I haven't seen it any where...All i see mostly Iphone.. due to craze.. and samsung or HTC, or some moto.. but rarely any sony..
18. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:18 0 8
Agree, Sony doesn't sells in USA at all, DROID DNA is released months ahead of these.. so owning a DNA makes sense right... XPERIA Z is too late sames specs
RIGHT NOW DNA IS BEST IN WORLD..
But here is my rating of all these phones.
1. Galaxy s4 and Optimus g2
2. Sony Xperia Z
3. ZTE grand s
6. Droid DNA ... it will be still competitive... so GET THE DNA if you want to buy now.. or wait for GS 4
22. xSamx posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:31 2 1
droid dna? only LTE 700, only 16 GB (11 GB user available) without card slot, only 8 mp camera, only 2020 mah battery and it is near 1 cm bigger than SONY XPERIA ZL( and i cant even find it in my country).......thx but no thx i will w8 for the ZL.
30. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 20:04 0 3
I use only LTE 700.. Verizon fastest and best carrier in the world.
Unlimited data and cloud services.. do not need a sd card..
1 cm bigeer... ahahahahahahaha... that makes no difference....
The battery performance is good for me and its TRUE Champion in stand by... and as its not in ur country I cant help it..
28. pyradark posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:34 3 1
Are you sure about that "Doesnt Sell"
so why on earth Sony become 3rd behind apple & sammy on Q3??
Plus Xperia is never been late, what ever Processor Sammy & others bought, Xperia Z design & build quality will kick them all :))
31. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 20:05 0 1
what .... DNA has same processor and screen.. 3 months ahead.. how the hell are they not late... and XPERIA S could not even compete against.. Exonsys inside galaxy s2.. are you Drunk..?
38. Mittal posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:39 0 0
It is actually a matter of geographical dominance too!!
Here in India, if observation is anything to go by, i mainly see
Moto and LG are rare
29. joshOps85 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:36 3 0
gs4 ugly and lg cheap as...
1. Sony Xperia Z
2.HTC butterfly (or DNA if you must)
40. Aaron_R96 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 01:14 0 0
"Add the 13 MP Exmor RS camera with HDR video capabilities, and the Xperia Z will very well climb on top of the smartphone ladder when it launches this quarter."
Don't think your precious DNA is the best phone in the world right now, to be honest.
Also you don't know how good the gs4 or g2 will be, so that's really just speculation, they may also have 2gb RAM and a Full HD screen etc etc and be another one of these generic 5"'s at the minute for all we know..
36. linneti15 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:33 0 0
ehh it doesn't matter how many carry what phone for me, while i want a premium brand phone (not some brand no one has heard of or thinks is cheap), after that i will choose the best phone available :) sony, samsung, htc, motorola, lg, apple or nokia, doesn't matter which i will choose the best phone available.
43. RamyRamz69 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 06:42 0 0
That Americans know nothing but s**t about technology. Proof? Vizio is the #1 TV company in the US. Not to mention Apple sales.
3. jibraihimi posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:50 3 0
Phonearena, you forgot to mention Alcatel Scribe X, and smartphone from Vizio. They both are also sporting 5" FullHD screens............
16. jibraihimi posted on 09 Jan 2013, 16:41 0 0
Thanks Daniel, and good work.......thumbs up to you.......... I asked you to add those two phones also, as I wanted to save this page, for reference and comparing all the models at one place....... In future after mobile world congress you can add other new FullHD phones also to this very same list, so that we have all the FullHD phones on one page for comparing.......... Cheers and thanks again........ :)
32. abhishek48 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 20:07 1 4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dna HAS SAME CPU AND BETTER SCREEN.. gs4 and lg optimus will have better cpu even zte..lol.. you drunk..
39. Mittal posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:41 0 1
Dude u need to mellow down with the HAHAHAHA and other aggressive stuff!!
42. daftastic posted on 10 Jan 2013, 03:00 1 1
Except HTC's have s**t designs. The Xperia Z beautiful.
44. abhishek48 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 14:56 0 0
HTC has best design xperia is just a rectangle.. and you in love with it..lol
47. daftastic posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:36 0 0
I don't expect idiots to understand that simple designs can be the best.
45. kobainez posted on 11 Jan 2013, 10:33 0 0
FYI information XPERIA Z with BRAVIA ENGINE is the best screen on the market! Just see screen comparison on YOUTUBE XPERIA Z VS HTC BUTTERFLY and ull knw which one is better
6. shamataa posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:11 0 0
Most of them are for China markets which is so sad I would love those phones hit the US carriers.
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:21 1 0
Digging the form factor of the Oppo the most, too bad it'll probably never see a US T-Mobile roll out.
12. jackhammeR posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:39 1 0
I can't help but wonder how stupid someone must be to carry around something as big as lenovo phone. Look at the photo. it's ridicolous. Call this a portable device?? A phone? Whoaa. No way. Sanity and logic say bye bye.
23. jwl3429 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:51 0 0
The lenovo is the only one that lets you uninstall there skin, now that is a selling point. Also the phone is not much bigger then the note 2 phones ate getting big deal with it.
15. _Bone_ posted on 09 Jan 2013, 16:34 2 0
Still think the Oppo Find 5 is the best offering of the bunch, great form factor, slim design despite 2500mAh battery, Sony's 13MP sensor, clean Android JB design, friendly price point.
24. fanboy1974 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:59 0 0
Maybe phonearena should run a poll on how long it will take Apple to update the iPhone resolution and screen size (must be both). I'm saying 20 months.
25. MC1123 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:02 0 0
sony offers the best!! and im pretty sure xLoud technology offers almost same quality as the beats audio of HTC DNA!
and also that oppo find 5, who would want that? especially that it is almost same spec as the DNA and also the price!
also the vizio phone! since it will be like suicide to buy a high end phone but no LTE radio on it!
but that alcatel phone will be the most affordable! and i got no problem with mediatek chips! and that new quadcore by mediatek will be alright even though its just cortex a7!
26. InspectorGadget80 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:12 0 1
Will the 5"phone phones please stand up
27. joshOps85 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:33 0 0
new glalaxy sIV is just as ugly as sIII, if thats what its going to look like
37. TheCynicalTechie posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:36 1 0
The Lenovo Ideaphone K900 annihilates them all. No contest.
41. Jimstar posted on 10 Jan 2013, 02:32 1 0
This is NOT a good time to have small hands and be looking for a high end phone.