Cabin recruits aluminium and magnets to become the best iPhone external battery case yet
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 07:02 posted on
If you're shopping for an iPhone battery case, you've got plenty of options out there, but there aren't many that look like they came straight out of Cupertino. The Kickstarter-backed Cabin is one such product. We're talking about an unibody aluminium case is not only built to Apple-like obsessive design principles, but also redefines the Lighting cable and port by introducing a MagSafe adapter-like magnetic accessory...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. buccob (Posts: 1541; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Looks nice but I cant help but think about muffled speaker sound...
Other than that, pretty good design
3. vincelongman (Posts: 1577; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also the mic is completely blocked as well
Very nice idea, hopefully they fix that in the final product
6. buccob (Posts: 1541; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
also, another concern might be the magnet being so close of the speaker... it could affect the speaker's magnet, sound and also integrity....
And it would definitely affect the digital Magnetometer sensor on the phone...
7. vincelongman (Posts: 1577; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Oh didnt think of that
Also that magnet is the only thing holding the phone, so its gona be a quite power magnet as well
4. UglyFrank (Posts: 542; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Would you trust a magnet to hold your phone?