CTIA 2012 kicks off soon: here's what to expect
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2012, 05:26 posted on
CTIA 2012 is one of the biggest shows focusing on wireless technology this year, and while we’ve already seen CES and MWC, this one here differs by putting a strong accent…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bloodline (Posts: 675; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I am confused. Why does the droid incredible have HTC Sense.
it looks like a motorla phone, what is going on here, have i gone full retard?
4. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
The DROID Incredible 4G LTE is made by HTC and has an updated version of HTC Sense.
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sense 4.0 to be exact. Still want to know whether that dual core is the krait or not. Because if not most people will go with the HTC Rezound because its cheaper and has a better screen.
8. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
From a business stand point it can only be an S4, otherwise it would have no reason to exist since they already have the Rezound
24. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you would think that, but HTC did also release the Sensation and then the Amaze on Tmobile only a few months appart with nearly the same specs + beats audio and a minor upclock on the processor.
It should be an S4, but with HTC you never know.
2. cGmC11 (Posts: 103; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
All variant of the Galaxy SIII for the US market will be release on Sunday 6 May & a reworked Galaxy Note 10.1 with 2.0ghz Exynos & 2560x1600 screen. :-/
3. cGmC11 (Posts: 103; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
...and the Motorola RAZR HD with Intel prosessor!
6. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Finally gonna see what Verizon has up its sleeve. A rumored Casio cammando 2. A rumored htc one variant.
7. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm so excited to be taking my first trip to CTIA.
9. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I wanna know if its true that Tmobile will get the Note which i hope so!!!
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Verizon looks like it's gonna have a bad year. Hopefully the Incredible 4G will be as thin as the One S, or that might be a turn-off for some customers.
11. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm sorry Berz, looking at those specs now, I still don't see the Incredible 4G LTE is a version of the One S. They robbed too much from it.
I might remembered wrong on this too, cause it's been a long time. I remember the FCC leak for this phone to happen during or before the One series...
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, you're right. It could be considered their version of it, but it really isn't. Under-clocked processor, different design, smaller screen and different screen technology, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the ImageSense chip the other members of the One series have. Pity, Verizon really needs something special, they've been offering pretty mediocre phones lately (aside from the Razr)
14. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I haven't seen the specs for the Razr yet, how's the specs on that?
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Really haven't seen them? 1.2 GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor, 1 GB of RAM, runs 2.3.5 Gingerbread (soon to be updated to ICS) with a 1780 mAh battery, all packed in a 7.1 mm frame, third thinnest phone in the world I believe. Then there's the Razr MAXX, it's essentially the same thing, just with an incredible 3,300 mAh battery and a thicker profile (8.9 mm)
17. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Just saw the vs article between the Verizon devices, it seems that MAXX has better specs?
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Which comparison? The one with the Incredible 4G LTE in it?
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Yeah, it's under featured stories. S4 probably is better than what MAXX runs, but overall, I think MAXX is still better. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too educated on mobile hardware tech.
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's kind of a trade-off. S4 is the fastest dual core processor out right now, it goes head to head with the quad cores. But some people say the Super Amoled screen the Razr has is better than the Super LCD the Incredible LTE has. Super Amoled has more vibrant colors, while the S-LCD usually has more realistic colors and better viewing angles. They both have the same resolution, but since the Incredible LTE has a smaller screen (4 inches to the Razr's 4.3) it has a higher pixel density which means sharper text and pictures. And supposedly the Incredible LTE has a better camera than the Razr. So, what do you want? A faster processor, better camera, and better viewing angles, and sharper text, OR; a huge battery, larger screen that's easier to type on, and more vibrant colors. Take note that they also run different interfaces. The Razr has Motorola's user interface, and the Incredible LTE has HTC's Sense UI. It all depends on what you want/need
13. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It seems like there is a lot of mystery for this event. Heard tonight t-Mobile has some big announcement about LTE.. Sprint has something about their rollout of LTE .
The only phone I am interested is the Intel phone.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5425; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well we've got our Droid Incredible 4G LTE confirmation now i want to learn more about the Droid Razr MAXX HD. o:
18. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Is Motorola going to be there? Maybe an Atrix 3?
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5425; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there's an Atrix 3 floating about out there. it's similar to what the Droid Razr MAXX HD is supposed to be.
25. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I just hope that it has an unlocked bootloader, but that probably isn't going to happen. :-(