CTIA 2008 - Live Report
Although AT&T have been offering it for a while, it is nice to see that T-Mobile will carry it also. The 8120 is the second generation Pearl GSM with the most significant update being the added WiFi. In the case of T-Mobile, it will be usable for the HotSpot @Home UMA service, which helps for both extending the coverage and lowering the bill. Other improvements include an enhanced Internet browser, a 2-megapixel camera (instead of 1.3), now with video capture, extended battery talk-time, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330
The Curve 8330 is the CDMA member of the Curve family. It stays between the Pearl and the 8820/8830, being the smallest BlackBerry with a real full QWERTY. Yet, it is consumer oriented, with a trackball for navigation, a camera and a 3.5mm headphones jack. Sprint announced it will offer it this month (though we guess it will launch on the 16th) for $180 after rebates, while Verizon will get it a month later, at $270 after rebates.
1. The Zune Lune (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41 0 0
I have read in several places that the unit's GPS will be unlocked and that the device will have VZ Navigator. Any ideas of the GPS will be locked to Navigator?
2. WHY?!?! (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2008, 04:14 0 0
How come verizon never gets phones such as the lg shine and other cool phones...with metal bodies all we ever get are cheap crappy plastic bodied phones someone get to me on this ASAP YEAH BOY
3. dan (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2008, 12:00 0 0
metal phones can be heavy..plastic can be just as durable in most cases...are you asking verizon to cater to you personally?
4. (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2008, 12:48 0 0
They do have a metal body phone the same as the lg shine just flip not slide.
5. (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2008, 13:40 0 0
It would have been nice if the Glyde or VX9700 was on display.
6. DMBrazil (unregistered) posted on 04 Apr 2008, 01:38 0 0
7. DeeMan (unregistered) posted on 04 Apr 2008, 06:25 0 0
VZW has the LG-VX8700. The LG Shine is a slide version of the 8700 and the Shine got released way AFTER the 8700.
8. Shannon (unregistered) posted on 06 Apr 2008, 09:25 0 0
I have this bluetooth headset and absolutely love it. It is extremely lightweight, very comfortable, and not to mention affordable at 79.99. It has noice reduction and it also has stereo bluetooth capability so you can listen to music and no one knows that you are. It fits in your ear in a new evolutionary way. The back peice holds the bluetooth headset in your ear, unlike other kinds that just fall off. It is by far the best headset I've owned (and I've owned a lot of 'em).
9. George (unregistered) posted on 06 Apr 2008, 17:55 0 0
Verizon better start announcing cooler phones like the Glyde, Dare, VX8560, Decoy...etc. So far, the only phone that really matters that they hae announced is the enV2.
10. elgee02 (unregistered) posted on 07 Apr 2008, 16:51 0 0
This article states the enV2 is not thinner than the original enV when in fact it is .14" thinner or roughly 18% thinner.
11. shapshal (unregistered) posted on 09 Apr 2008, 06:28 0 0
Ya Ya Me like PLAYBOY PHONE Ya Ya
12. OMG! (unregistered) posted on 11 Apr 2008, 05:27 0 0
Do you find something horribly masculine in those weirdly large mouthed Alcatel models?