CES 2014: What to expect
0. phoneArena 05 Jan 2014, 05:56 posted on
When one thinks of Las Vegas, mobile gadgets are far from the first thing that comes to their mind. They're probably not even in the top five list. But as any devoted geek should know, for the past 15 years, Sin City has been the host for one of the world's largest technology trade shows – the Consumer Electronics Show, or CES for short. During the event, both major and not-so-major electronics manufacturers get together under one roof to showcase their latest products and innovations. And to no surprise, many new smartphones and tablets get announced each year at CES, which is why we've always followed the show with a great dose of interest...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3872; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
We will see verizon lumia 929 in ces. And Nokia android in mwc.
56. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Yeah, if you are waiting for smartphone flagship announcements then wait for MWC. sony, lg and samsung will surely arrive then with their latest and greatest.
2. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
So far I just want to c, HTC one next gen, gs5 and LG g3. The rest Ehhhh.
51. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i also thought about that name. but with this little update its better be called one plus. its not worth naming it "two"
55. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
They updated a ton of things according to the rumors.. You are making little sense.
49. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I agree..but ill wait fir sony's next flagship too!
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 3124; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I want to see galaxy mega2 6.3 with FHD display, dual speakers, removable 4000mah bettery and 13 mega pixel shooter
8. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Sorry bro... These specs won't be on mega...
If it had such specs, it would be a note 3 killer!!!
33. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Realistic Mega 2 would be 720p (maybe 1080p), 1.3-1.7Ghz quad-core 8 megapixel device.
60. JGuinan007 (Posts: 666; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Mega was just a test product to see if there is money in making phones with bigger 6.3 displays and I don't think demand has been too high for the mega I'd be surprised to see a Mega 2
4. fistigons (Posts: 305; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Excited about the dual boot Asus tablet. Also hoping Lenevo releases some new gaming laptops.
6. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Asus not released th transformer book trio yet... That was dual boot
5. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
And once again... The rumors, leaks,... And... evleaks :|
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Lumia 1820 is Lumia 1020's successor.
17. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
If that is 1020's successor, it must be just thiner... Nothing else is neede for now
39. Fernandezxc (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
I think it needs is 5 inch screen, quadcore, 2gb ram, mem card slot, and it is already thin enough
50. lalalaman (Posts: 591; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
it is said to be lytro style camera....bt i thought it was scheduled to come with wp8.1 until april
we might see lumia 630 635
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony Xperia Z2! No? Oppo Find 7! No? Okay. :(
But still, I'm excited to see what manufacturers will surprise us in CES.
11. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Comooon!... Sony just released the Z1... You want Z2?!?
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony released the Z1 three months ago if I'm not wrong, so it's not a "just released" anymore.
16. hmd74 (Posts: 475; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
You're right... 3 months ago... But which phones successor comes in three months?
Even 6 months is soon for that...
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And that's why the Xperia Z2 will not appear in CES, I think Sony will announce it in MWC.
57. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
most chances then sony's next flagship announcement will be at MWC, so CHILL.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 18391; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Vegas baby. As always, I'll be in attendance, $100 bucks is already paid.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ah yes, Las Vegas. What a gorgeous city. I wish I can go there, but it's too expensive.
42. KFear (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Have you ever been to Vegas? The strip is the only nice place to be. Everything else is very dirty. The city is also quite poor. It's nice to walk around but the phrase, "look, but don't touch" comes to mind.
24. nasznjoka (Posts: 383; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
is apple about to anounce a new device? Kidding.....
26. nasznjoka (Posts: 383; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
ok so these days your test has begin to change SIR
43. genkidama20 (Posts: 52; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ouch, I feel bad for you. They offered free registration in and around October. I paid $0 (not including the plane ticket and hotel of course). Of course, my $100 is probably going down the black hole called a "casino" anyways.
21. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im really excited for the new batch of flagships next year!.
23. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I expect new Z1f and new OLED TVS LED TVS. SMART TVS. Not too many phones here for CES its mostly about tvs
28. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Things I'm looking forward to from CES 2014 is maybe Sony's new line up of phones, New asus padfone (hopefully a glimpse of the one they're releasing in the US, I hope Oppo makes an appearance for the Find 7 lol. I used to look forward to huawei & others but realized they usually never make it to the US lol.
30. Lycan155 (Posts: 213; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Maybe there will be a new experia tablet z
35. renz4 (Posts: 317; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Exynos 6, new snapdragon, LG's Odin, new mediatek SoC, Tegra 5
37. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
May be the first time i'm willing to pay 600+ for a phone since im locked with the G2. Hoping for a next gen HTC One with a big batter, processor don't care it's proof that it doesn't matter for the most part. A better camera would be nice too since my G2 has a great camera
38. clayton (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Alcatel idol x+ for $330, I can't ask for any more. I am really tired of popular OEMs charging arms and legs for their devices. Half of it for the brand logo and the other half for the device itself. I can't wait to order mine on 15th January.
40. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I think samsung will introduce s5 on march. HTC m8 might come on feb.
45. alextheZowner (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
When is CES and can I watch it live on my smartphone
48. JC557 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Jeez how time flies... we're already back to CES and it seems like the one for 2013 happened yesterday.
I hope there's a strong showing this year as last year's show was kinda weak... well compared to years past.
52. twens (Posts: 905; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Sony, lg and Samsung are quite good in the camera department. At least this year they all squashed the iPhone when it came to camera. Now sammy needs a lot of work on smoothing out their touch wiz and also making it more eye candy. Sony needs to slim down their phones and also improve on their screen tech. It always sounds good on paper but looks awful in person. Lg just needs marketing. All they need to do is improve on the g2 with spec upgrades and just market the hell out of the phone. As for HTC beauty is not everything. Drop that crap camera and learn to add big batteries in your phones. You are not apple with loyal fans who don't care about battery life. Less a forget, sammy you don't need to focus on metal bodies on your phones. Just improve your software and I swear the s5 will kill an iPhone before it is even released but if you don't the media is going to kill your s5 before it even goes on sale.