By 2014, your office will have more Apple iPad users than those totin' a BlackBerry smartphone
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2012, 17:18 posted on
In just two short years, many of those BlackBerry smartphones used by the pinstriped crowd will get replaced by the Apple iPad according to Gartner's senior vice president of research; not only have tablets caught on, but additionally the BYOD movement is bringing iOS into the workplace...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. twens (Posts: 700; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
not that i am against ipads success or anything. i just feel people or companies who really know more about tech and features will go in for the surface when it releases. i see more than half of ipad users trading in their ipads for a surface. with phones like galaxy note 2 and galaxy s3 around the use of mobile os on a tablet doesnt make sense any more. all i need is a big screen android phone and a surface. i will be covered in all areas
3. ahomad (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 May 2012)
well said. in few months the surface will replace the ipad for business. lets be honest, the surface can do a lot more than the ipad (and I mean ALOT). unless apple decided to produce ipad pro (with OSX) they don't stand a chance to dominate the market by the release of the surface.
what is the advantage of the ipad over the iphone, or any android flagship device? nothing except big screen. however, some phones are more powerful than the ipad, simple example is the iphone, thats why the surface will dominate the business world very soon. and android and apple will share the rest of the market
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't be surprised if Apple copies the idea of "Pro" version. But even then as Office productivity stuff Apple is more favoured by media/entertainment setup. Not by organizations in general.
6. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
This article is written based of research. Your comment is based off opinion dude. I guess we'll see in 3 months huh?
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"in few months the surface will replace the ipad for business."
I'm not sure about that because business people are too much worried about brand names and they may choice iPad just because of Apple logo on it.
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
in my company there are already more tablets then BB. For a phone first choice of people in my company is the original Note and now its the Note 2 with the Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4s (not iphone 5!) coming in at a close second.
And you're right the surface tabletss will be the most complete tablet for functionality automatically making it the preferred choice for corporate users.
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If we are looking at workplace (or office) it will be Windows Tablet for sure.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow excuse after excuse.. just accept the fact that people have choices and they have chosen Apple.. since that is what they have at home...
7. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Some people don't understand that there's market share to go around. Apple will do no less due to Microsoft and surface. They'll continue to thrive, just as they've done with androids climb. Billions of people on earth, iOS, android, and windows will all have some pie to eat.
16. android_hitman (Posts: 698; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
who are you? are you a New Apple Troll? you are everywhere.... dude ...please .. less comments more reading
17. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Gallitoking is an old apple troll and a crap one at that. He don't respond to your comments if you upset him either lol like the iPhone 5 he is fragile.
10. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
We have gone with tablets over iPads, but I hear from our IT that they waiting for the Slates before the next major purchase/roll out.
11. slaggyb (Posts: 192; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Whoever this dude Peter Sondergaard whatsoever is, should chill and wait until BB10 launches next year not concluding as if he is a future teller.
12. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
i suppose Gartner did this research and conclude without having in mind the upcoming tablet player. (MS Surface). pretty stupid for a company like Gartner (specially, Peter Sondergaard).
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They will revise their analysis once Windows Tablet and also UBUNTU On NEXUS (this will happen sooner or later) picks up ... will have another analysis on failed analyisis of why offices are having less ipads than ever before :)
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think windows tablet will do the work done and the playbook too!
but playbook works at its best with a blackberry smartphone!
15. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not in MY office! No apple products allowed!
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6803; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
if i was in a office i would never touch a apple product. i would either use a android or windows tablet but android as my man phone.
19. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Unfortunately it's true, Apple product is almost everywhere in an office enviornment.