Buy the HTC One (M8) for $99.99 on contract, tomorrow only; deal is limited to certain U.S. carriers
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 18:47 posted on
How would you like to save $100 on the subsidized price of the HTC One (M8)? Thursday only, HTC's website will offer the manufacturer's flagship handset for $100 off to those customers on Verizon, Sprint and AT&T, who have an upgrade burning a hole in their pocket. Sorry T-Mobile customers, you are excluded from this deal since your carrier does not offer subsidized phone contracts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If I understand right, they will pay $99 to the ppl that take the M8 POS on contract.
21. sgodsell (Posts: 2120; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Its an excellent phone. Are you one of those people that look at one aspect of a device and then the whole thing is crap after that? The M8 with a dot case is a dream. Not to mention this deal really sweetens the purchase of the m8. Phonearena gave the HTC one m8 a score of 8.8, but users have given the HTC one m8 a 9.2 on phone arena.
Its a really fast, nice looking KitKat phone with lots of features. But from the sounds of it no matter what I or others will say about the HTC one, you will ultimately dislike it no matter what.
22. Taters (Posts: 4371; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
In this era one thing is all it takes. My nexus 5 is still better than every single phone in 2014 because they have dropped the ball in one way or another.
Nothing wrong with expecting perfection or at least a phone that doesn't have a really annoying fault. In the M8's case, there are quite a few really annoying faults.
11. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Better $99 off contract. And it will sell hundreds per month, at last.
3. fzacek (Posts: 2455; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Good deal, but I don't fancy the M8's size and screen-to-bezel ration. UI isn't the best either...
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love my HTC One than this long big oversized 5inch phone
Also it looks less attractive than the M7 with more curves on the M8
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wish the M8 had kept the size of the M7 as well. HTC could have just put the Qualcomm 801 and other updated internals into the M7, added a F/1.8 Sony 13MP OIS camera, fixed a few bugs, and cleaned up the manufacturing. It would have been a big winner vs. the bigger/bulkier S5.
10. maherk (Posts: 2268; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
S5 bigger and bulkier than the M8? And it's not like they were able to fit the internals of the M8 in the M7 body and they didn't, there are many reasons why they didn't, number one is the gorgeous one aluminum piece covering the phone. They could've made the grey gunmetal less slippery, but other than that it is a perfect phone with well balanced dimensions
13. pokerc (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Someone who's knows what they're talking about!
16. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The S5 is bigger/bulkier than the HTC One M7, as I said.
The biggest factors in the added bulk of the One M8 are the larger screen (which really wasn't asked for by the customers) and the moronic two camera system (which again wasn't asked for by the customers).
The M8 design isn't bad. But it is asymmetrical, too tall, and has waste space on the front that wouldn't have been needed with a better design.
23. fzacek (Posts: 2455; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Right on. I think that the top and bottom bezels of the M8 are just too big for today's standards. I know it's a sacrifice they had to make for the stereo speakers, duo camera, and on-screen buttons, but that doesn't change the fact that the phone is just too tall for the screen real estate that it offers...
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
HTC -- for customers who buy the one M8 now, how about offering a discounted upgrade to the One M8 Plus/Prime (with a camera that uses the 13MP Sony OIS sensor)?
Otherwise, it's not worth a measly $100 to be stuck with a complete fail 4MP camera for two years.
5. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They rather wait for the M8 Deluxe version
12. maherk (Posts: 2268; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Why don't you two sony fanboys get a room for yourselves and stop all this flirtation crap on HTC/Samsung articles?
14. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Which article did you see me hating on HTC
Wth I have a HTC One which I really love and was hoping the M8 would look exactly like the M7, but no, it's long and big to be a 5inch device
Also it has more curves which looks ugly than the less curve on the M7
15. maherk (Posts: 2268; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I didn't see you hating on your beloved Z and Z1's long dimensions! And we all know you don't have an M7 just like your lover doesn't own a Note 3, I actually don't see the reason you guys have to lie to prove a point.
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Yes I admit the Z. Z2 has bezels on top and bottom which looks ugly
The oppo7 P7 One+ looks better cause they have much less bezels
20. maherk (Posts: 2268; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Now that's a first!! You always made it sound like Sony producd nothing but perfection.
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What's there to lye about
I'm a big power and prestige user
I have a N3 HTC One L1020
I love phones
It doesn't cost a lot to buy 3 phones .7 weeks wages
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Why don't you refill the prescription for your anger management meds? There is no need to dump your rage on people who are passionate about mobile devices and just want them to be better than they are.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Since Verizon's M8 is already $100, does that mean it will be free?
24. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Still not worth it
25. VLaRueC (Posts: 150; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I like it when someone always had to bring up a nexus phone. What makes the speakers on the nexus so much better than the M8?
26. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The 8MP OIS camera on the Nexus makes those speakers sound better :)
28. VLaRueC (Posts: 150; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Ha ha. A Nexus owner might actually believe that...
27. mrvid (Posts: 77; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
It's already 99 at Verizon! And has been for a while now!