Buy Call of Duty MW3 at Best Buy and get a free HTC phone
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2011, 20:03 posted on
Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 from Best Buy and you can take home a free HTC branded smartphone after signing a two-year contract for Sprint, Verizon or AT&T; the price of the game is $59.99 and it will be out on Tuesday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ANDROID. (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)
incredible deal if ou are on at&t or sprint, but if you are on vzw 4 inches is just a little to small when 4.5 and higher is becoming the norm.
4. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
4.5" or higher is NOT the norm. The screen size is measured diagonally meaning these hand sets have a disporportionate length to width. A long and narrow 4.5" screen doesn't offer than huge of a real estate difference from a typical 4.3" screen.
5. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The last two times I was in Best Buys, there were more employees than customers. This is not a good sign for best buys.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sucks that there's no option for T-Mobile customers.
i'm going to do the deal on Amazon. you can get $25 off of the purchase of a 12 month Xbox LIVE Membership. that's like over half off of the Membership and if you're about to have to refresh your 12 months this Holiday Season like most people have to it's like you're just paying $35 for MW3 in the end and you can believe i'm going to get Elite baby. did you guys know that there's going to be an Elite app that let's you change your MW3 load-out? pure. f**king. awesome.
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Those are all last gen phones which you can get for free on basically any online retailer. Plus who hasn't already pre-ordered MW3 through Gamestop!? Jk... No but really.
15. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I actually have mine preordered at best buy. I went to gamestop first but when the hardened edition was announced I never received the email or call as the clerk told me I would. I had to go to best buy to get the hardened.
9. dunyfunny (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
just go amazon wireless;they have better deals
10. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Would be a good deal if a contract weren't required.
21. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Haha yeah, but that would be a steal from them...
11. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Newegg has the best deal at like $48ish I believe? If you can wait 2-3 days, that would be the best deal brand new.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
$12? uh no. Amazon has a better offer.
20. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Not really, not if you 1) don't want to spend your upgrade/new line one one of those phones(I definitely don't!) or 2) Already in a plan... Thanks for the information Synack, some people appreciate it!
13. bigmac313 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I was just at my local Best Buy the other day and saw the HTC Inspire for free with a 2-year contract...way to promote your game Activision.
14. Primitive (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
I'm not sure if this is correct my sister works at best buy mobile and one of the employees who works with her said that those phones are all free but when you buy them the day the game comes out on Tuesday you get a Call of Duty Elite membership for one year and a limited edition Modern Warfare 3 case for the phone you activate but in order to get this you must buy the game you don't need to buy the game to get the phone free, all the phones that are eligible for the deal are already free for now at least
18. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Free as in you're required to get a 2yr contract?
I'm really concerned with Verizon. Everyone can sell their product at a much cheaper price than they can. This really is affecting the Corporate stores as well as premium retailers. :/
19. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
They allow them to do that..............
22. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I know they do. I also know it's better for customers too.
As a sales rep though, I can't help but feel a little betrayed. :/ I know we're not hurting yet as a location but give it time, more and more sales will be lost because of the much lower prices. Already now I have people tell me well so and so has it free or at a much lower cost and the only thing I can say is, I know more about the phones and I can give better customer service. I guess that part falls on deaf ears though.
23. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Indeed. This is a very misleading title to the article. It is not free your required to agree to a two year contract. Signing a two year agreement makes it not truly free there is still an oppertunity cost attached to this deal.
24. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I think this is nice for people already planning to get the game and were looking at phones anyways. But otherwise it's just kind of meh and i'd probably just get the game and not the phone.
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6571; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is a dumb ass add. get a old phone for 59.96 just to buy MWF3? no thanks I would like to buy like the VIVID or the Atrix 2 for 59.96