Burglars rob the Boulder Apple Store smashing a $100 000 glass door, score zero for subtlety
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Maybe this is why samsung wont open up many dedicated stores lol
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Pretty sure they wouldn't have to worry about anything.
23. lyndon420 (Posts: 1786; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Are you implying that no one would want to break into a Samsung store? Can you elaborate please?
43. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Sure you are! Based on, well, EVERYTHING you've ever posted there is a strong implication that you were dropped on your head repeatedly. The fact that you can still type and at least be coherent is nothing short of inspirational.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
ROTFLMFAO hahaha, really great news, I'm really so happy, wish, hope, pray this thing happens every week, the sad bad rotten fruit.
29. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
yea, because they would be smart enough to use durable plastic instead of easily shattered glass.
67. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Samsung uses scratch resistant Gorilla Glass, while Apple uses tempered crystal glass Made in China.
59. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yeah because they would have security...maybe if Apple spent a little less than 100,000 dollars on some dumb fancy door then they would have had the budget to hire apt security personnel creating some employment for US citizens as well along the way and earning themselves some really needed positive PR!!!
But Apple is pompous and superficial and they only believe in showing off so what do you expect will happen...incidents like these...
70. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yea Robbin Hoods know who's the one to go for :)
73. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
LOL, man i'm not a big fan of apple but strong comment.
61. ECPirate37 (Posts: 92; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I miss the Samsung Experience here in NY. It was always nice to go in and see all of the newest things. It sucks it closed. I do not even like Samsung that much, but their store was awesome.
2. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Apple commits robbery everyday with their prices. This is just payback
8. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
drpain that may be one of the dumbest comments ive seen lately. I agree that a lot of Apple's products are over priced and i don't agree with some of the things they do BUT that does not give the right for someone to go in and steal from one of there stores. People make a conscious decision to go in and purchase there products at the price asked so therefore its not stealing. I hope these idiots are caught and prosectuted to the fullest extent of the law.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12654; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said mike. Some people are so stupid, they don't know when to be serious. +1
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No matter what, Apple is in you, in you're blood™®©
44. Droiddoes (unregistered)
17. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The fact that you've received more thumbs down than thumbs up for your comment (at the time of this writing) indicates that the fanboys here are even more malicious and hateful than I previously thought. The fact that one could wish ill upon somebody else just out of rabid loyalty to another brand does not bode well for the level of intelligence that permeates these forums. Be objective and reasonable people.
-Not an Apple fan.
30. metoyou (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
When someone start defending themselves means they're guilty of whatever they trying defend :)in this case Penny is iApple :)
48. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I tried leaving that little "Not an Apple fan" note in there to make it clear that my perspective was not that of an Apple fan. Not going to resort to insults, but I wish you would have understood that.
Also, you should know by reading my comment that I wasn't defending Apple in any way. I was simply noting how astounding it is that some people here are turning this robbery into a corporate villainy piece. It doesn't matter if it were an Apple store or a local pizza place - I'm disappointed by how dim-witted some people are to condone this.
Lastly, I'm a technology fan first and foremost. I'm a fan of anything that I think is cool, useful, and innovative.
20. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Conscious decision? Apple customers don't even know that the hell that is!
38. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
I myself am not an owner of a single Apple product but im not going to sit her and assume that all Apple users are mindless drones. So if we apply your logic that means that i'm a zombie for buying only an Android device. The really sad thing is that your no better then people in the Apple camp saying the same about Android users.
40. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It doesn't matter how we view the Apple fans but it doesn't change the fact that they were robbed, which is the only thing he was implying. I mean the evidence is there, you don't have 100 billion in profits after you subtract the payroll, R&D, and maintenance costs from the sales of three lines of products (Mac, iphone, ipad) if you are not robbing your customers.
For example, if a couple is married and the wife has 99% of the funds in her account when he only has 1%, he is getting robbed or gold dug plain and simple. That doesn't necessarily means that he is a mindless drone because he can handle his marriage the way he wants but he is still getting it up the A like the Apple fans are. No matter how much they want to deny it. haha
39. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL Best comment ever. Of course the Apple fans are trying to play the Ned Flanders card on you. Don't worry about the uptight people on here. No one got hurt and Apple's 100 billion and tax breaks will absorb this like we would absorb a flea.
47. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Your logic is seriously flawed in that you are saying its OK for them to steal from Apple as they have a ton of money and no one got hurt. Its not about people being uptight its the simple fact that what these people decided to is wrong. I think I'm going to the Audi dealer and im going to steal an R8 because Audi is a big evil company with lots of money and they can afford the loss.
50. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am not saying it is okay for them to break the law, although I do feel there are people who abuse the system. I am just saying it is okay for people to poke fun at it on a message board because no one got hurt. There is a difference and you are definitely a closet Apple fan or being too uptight about comments on a message board.
55. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
I have my moments of being uptight just like everyone else and no i am not a closet Apple fan.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
$100,000 for glass door?? I bet we wouldn't be able to differentiate it with an ordinary one at a glance. Maybe they should have used Gorilla glass instead.
9. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Nah, dragontrail can endure a lot more stones ;)
18. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, definitely did not think those glass doors/storefronts were THAT expensive. Crazy.
37. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
With apple, its either go expensive or don't bother. Same companys whos CEO said they don't know how to make a $500 computer thats not junk
52. donfem (Posts: 554; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Overpriced glass, just like the product they intended to steal...
77. kevjohn (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
$100k glass door.... As if I needed another reason to not buy Apple products.
No wonder their products are priced so high, to pay for crap like this.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 12654; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If people watch, or read the news they'd b smart not to purchase 3rd party apple products for a few months.
32. lyndon420 (Posts: 1786; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
And just to be safe...all apple products for a few months. At least until they get their mapping app working properly...wouldn't want anyone getting hurt or anything. Even the muggings for iphone's have been crazy. It's just not safe to use an iphone anymore.
41. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If they were smart they wouldn't purchase Apple products period. Or now HTC Android products since Apple gets a cut.
46. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Or like, at all. LOL at buying overpriced novelty junk.
6. ryq24 (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Apple products have better resale value than Samsung.
11. Bernoulli (Posts: 1607; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
True that is true, but sheep products have far less features than a Samsung product
49. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes, thanks to the ibots. Not something to be particularly proud about though.
56. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Better resale value because they break easier therfore have tobe repurchased. Samsung builds there phones with quality and last so no one needs to rebuy them. Before you thumb this down think about it it actually makes sense.
76. mrmessma (Posts: 68; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I have a G Nexus, and I love it. But, I'll still say GSIII and iphone 5 are both fragile devices.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Good guy robber, punishes Apple by 164,000$ AND prevents customers from making the mistake of buying Apple products. :D
12. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Yeh and when these idiots are caught they will be going to jail for grand larceny, probation and will have to pay restitution. So no they are not good guys because they have now ruined there lives or something as stupid as stealing some overpriced toys.
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
They have done the consumers a favor. In a civilized world - they would become martyrs.
14. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Can you explain how they are doing the consumers a favor? Oh and in a civilized world they would not be conisdered martyrs as you and i both know that a civilized society can not accept know condone these types of action.
19. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I think I explained it in my first post.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 12654; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
ilia it's sad what you've become if u really think this way.
42. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Oh please! It is just a for fun comment on a fricking message board.
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 1607; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Apple needs to develop glass doors from the same material a nokia 3310 is made of, then they can rest assured no one will ever break in
21. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Operation: Apple Annihilation is in full swing =D
27. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Who on earth buys a $100,000 glass door for a damn all glass store? This is how Apple spends the money it makes off the iDiots who spend way too much money for their devices. How about a conventional building with regular doors that don't break because 3 rocks were thrown at them.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 12654; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Think about what u just said. Who buys a glass door for "an all glass store". The idea is all glass...ergo the doors would also be all glass, if not than the store isn't all glass... Einstein.
33. lyndon420 (Posts: 1786; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
You might have missed his point... dark.