British man's purchase of an Apple iPad turns out to be a spud
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2013, 17:58 posted on
We've seen this too many times before; a person is approached by a shady character offering a boxed Apple iPad at a ridiculously low price. The transaction is made and the seller scrams leaving the buyer holding the box, happy to have made a great deal for Apple's iconic slate. However, when the box is opened, instead of a new iPad, inside is a mirror or a block of wood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
42. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I was actually referring to "stupid is is stupid does."
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
When I first bought the iPad 2, the lady that sold it didn't wanna open the box. She said it would make the device less valuable "this was when the iPad 2 was brand new and sold out everywhere". I told her, if I can't see it before I buy it, there's no way I'm forking over $700. We agreed that if I could open it and power it up, I'd buy it. Luckily it was the genuine article. Alan F. is right, try, or see before you buy.
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 2190; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Say what?! It's so much easier forking over the cash to a total stranger, product-unseen. ;-P
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You paid $700 for that thing, what happened to: your son's BBall lessons, family and being a "grown Man"?? I can't believe you made your 'fam' starve over an iPad.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Idiot I said "iPad 2". That was in 2011, is this not 2013? You are such a dumbass it isn't even funny. For your info in Vegas that was as cheap as you could get one for 3rd party. Also my fam never starved, nor did I ever say they did. I know you're trying really hard to be a bother, but you're so stupid all I can do is SMDH.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
JOn and one more thing PAP. My sons ranked #21 in the west region of the AAU boys prep basketball, not baseball. He's getting a full ride to whatever college he chooses. That's academically or athletic. 6'5" 220 at age 16 3.7 GPA. So when he goes pro we can eat, nite nite
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well he obviously didn't get his GPA from you!! And, based on his alleged stats', his athletic inclination didn't come from you either; is his Mom diesel'?
BTW, "a full (free) ride" is all I expect from you and yours'!
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
BTW, "a full (free) ride" is all I expect from you and yours!
Dude I love that lol, that's CRS "closet racist syndrome". Usually comes out when they get pissed, for getting owned lol. Enjoy your dad pap my pal ;)
37. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That must be a term in "How To Survive Centuries of Oppression" you learned whilst in therapy. You just pegged yourself as the stereotypical brotha' with an inferiority complex who walks around (defensively) with a chip on his shoulder thinking "the man" is still out to get him. Not to mention, you probably only feel comfortable in your own setting and, anything to the contrary causes to attack any group you might deem adversarial (at least in that Mr. Potato Head of yours')!!
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That was so fkn funny, o PAPINYC you make me laugh so much
5. Igneel (unregistered)
I guess it'll be the most expensive potato he'll ever bought!
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Wouldn't this article be more fun if the box was filled with Apples instead of potatoes? Anyways, lesson here is don't just trust people around you, there are so many bad criminals out there who like to scam others.
7. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Wow, I am completely stunned. How many fools will continue to fall for these tricks?
(on a side note...this only seems to happen with iPads. When was the last case of someone getting conned with a fake Nexus or Galaxy Tab?)
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1992; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
now we should be more careful of scams. well you got something to eat thou.
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Gives new meaning to Mr. Potato Head (pronounced pō-tâ-tō in England); I thought the Brits' were smarter than that??
12. Jack58221 (Posts: 153; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I have a winning lotto ticket worth $300k.. it's the second time I've won in a month so I can't cash it in. Will sell the ticket for 10k, then you can take it in tomorrow and collect the winnings for your self.. trust me, it's legit. ;-)
13. dc0321 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Im a iproduct user .ill take it.lets meat behind a car park behind market street...
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Meat, im, and ill instead of meet I'm and I'll. you sound like the type that woulda bought the potatoes.
19. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
'My sons ranked #21'
You sound like the type that shouldn't criticise other people for their grammar.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hey dumb ass it's "criticize" not criticise...Einstein.
22. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Sorry, you may not have time to go to the shops for a dictionary, so I'll help you. According to the OED, both spellings are correct. As I am British I would usually spell the word with an s. Einstein.
But you still forgot to use an apostrophe.
31. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
d**k shun ry
How to spell dem
A pos tru fi
33. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
And here's another thing. If I wish I can spell it as 'criticize' because in British English both spellings are ok. You understand that by now, I assume. So I can criticize your poor grasp of English if I so desire.
And as a person as obviously educated as you are, you should be able to accept criticism gracefully.
You don't have to go on the defensive or resort to name calling.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Boy this really got to you didn't it? Lol it's ok little fella, want a binky? That's American for pacifier, we give them to babies to stop their whining lol.
40. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I just feel sorry for you. I don't like to see someone make a fool of themselves.
By the way, pacifier is standard American usage, not British. So once again your shaky grasp of your own language lets you down.
Seriously, you should just go back to your incoherent ramblings.
Maybe your son can give you some hints and tips about your writing.
23. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
The OED is a big book full of hard words and stuff.
27. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey dumb a$$, it's my son's, not "my sons"!!
'My sons' implies all of your sons (and, I'm sure you have at least 8; all on a 'full (free) ride'!!
Didn't you learn to use an apostrophe in grade school??
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You got owned, just admit it. You tried to diss, and be a bother but got owned. You could never get to me in a million years, but I'll gladly make a fool outta you every time you try pap. I like the little racist barb you put in there too. A free ride from you and yours lol. I love when people get pissed and expose themselves.
32. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Ha-Ha, don't get so defensive my dear little brotha'; what's (look apostrophe) the matter, did I strike a nerve? Apparently, I struck something on Steve Harvey potato head of yours' (look, apostrophe again!!), otherwise, you wouldn't be so 'bothered' to respond [at all] and express your defensive and projected rants.
Shouldn't you be in bed [resting from your full week of a "Full Ride"]???
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 19819; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awww baby need a binky, cuz him got owned. I'll let you have the last word, sense we both know that's what you're after. I'll thrash you on another post, and here's a +1 for ya lol. Oh and look, here's an apostrophe ''''''''''''. Make that several. Bye papsmear
25. tswright (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
And you forgot to correct his use of lets meat instead of let's meat. If you need any further help let me know;)
44. dc0321 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Ill not only take the potato ill take the lotto ticket too thankyou teacher
14. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Always remember that the Box doesn't prove anything. *facepalm*
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
iDiocy level is beyond my comprehension...