‘Brick’ concept phone shows off some cool ideas for a transparent display
In the video you can see the Brick being used as a camera, a magnifying glass, a translate tool, and even a file being swiped from one Brick to another.
On the official website, Yanko Design, the Brick is pitched as a PC that goes by the mantra “a PC is no longer a PC anymore.” In reality it looks closer to a phone’s size and with some of the potential features of this device, it would be really cool to see this turned into a smartphone.
source: Yanko Design via CNet
1. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
2. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 409; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
a few companies will make it and it will sell a bit.
then in 6 years apple will 'invent' it and it will revolutionize everything 'again'
4. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I agree Apple will take 6 long years by then Samsung will rule the phone industry ,by the way Apple didn't invent anything just copy and that's a fact
12. baldilocks (Posts: 608; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
It's a fact because you are an expert on everything?
16. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don't need to be an expert to know apple copy everyone that's old news but I guess to you that's new
10. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Hey, apple already invented "the brick". Really, they just label it as an iPhone, but in reality, it has the same usability of a brick
15. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
If you want to see bricks, go watch pro basketball and watch overpaid athletes shooting "bricks".
3. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
wait a brick can be slim and light and have a touchscreen?
7. joseg81 (Posts: 180; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
it also has rounded corners don't forget that....i'm sure apple won't when they're suing them
5. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
So I take it they plan to pack all of the internals into the bottom panel bezel? That's a lot of tech to pack into a small space, not to mention the battery. It could be a while before technology shrinks enough to be that small. Would be cool tho!
6. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Let's all take a Brick? I like the device but that is one silly slogan...
8. joseg81 (Posts: 180; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
mayb if u say it in an asian accent it sounds good, brick...break.
14. joey18 (Posts: 577; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Idont see nothing just dog so this is not a phone just like mirror