Brian Hogan, who found a prototype iPhone 4 in a bar, opens up for his legal troubles on Reddit
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I don't really get this...So this guy finds a phone that some Apple retard lost at a barand Apple sued him for that? WTF? HOW? Is there even a law for sueing someone who found your phone but chose not to return it? If a person chooses to return a found phone to their owner, it's the owner's blessing, not a law.
3. gust3r3u (Posts: 79; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
the phone wasn.t for sale, it was a prototype, you could say the guy lost the plans to the secret iphone in a bar , now you got a lawsuit :)
4. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 852; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I think this falls into the famous court battle of Finders v Seekers.
Side note: How F*ed is Gizmodo for not giving the rest of the money that was promised to him. At the very least they should have covered his lawyer bills in case this ever happens again people will feel safe going to them with stories because I guarantee they made a buttload off that one story.
8. -box- (Posts: 3778; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As I recall, he offered the phone to apple before presenting it to Giz, and they wouldn't give him the time of day.
10. marbovo (Posts: 628; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I Don't know how it is in your country, but in Brazil and probably in USA, if you find something, you can't keep it, you have to return to the person who lost it or to the a police station.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Here, I'm not sure if it's a law, but a phone should be the owner's responsibility, you lose it? Too f**kin bad
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5586; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if it were anyone else but Apple he'd have been alright.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 10944; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Turn in some ones phone next time you find one. The last time I found a phone, the called it, and my honesty resulted in $100 in my pocket. People's phones are their life lines.
9. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Or learn how to type correctly. :)
11. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I don't understand why that or the thumbs down button was removed. Thumbs down isn't something only for trolls to abuse, its also useful in identifying trolls and avoiding their posts.