Brazilian Nexus 4 shipments pop up with Android 4.2.2
0. phoneArena 11 Jan 2013, 06:45 posted on
After Google deleted the Android 4.1.2 image from its servers, something was clearly brewing, and it didn't take long before a Brazilian Nexus 4 appears with an arm shot of a brand new 4.2.2 potion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
4. platformwars (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I wonder when my phone will get the update.. still on 4.1.1.. and knowing HTC track record.. the update will happen by the time the others get 5.0
8. remixfa (Posts: 14080; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
best to wait till we either find out if 4.22 is a worthwhile update or 4.3 comes out. Many peeps had issues with 4.2
And the other answer is "probably never". lol.
5. mydi.maus (unregistered)
6. frustyak (Posts: 166; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
I'm hoping it has bluetooth fixed. I've been running 4.1.2 on my N7 because BT is unusable with streaming media (i.e. Netflix) on 4.2 and 4.2.1.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
1,000 phones?! Are they f*cking kidding?! At that production rate, it will be next year before the demand for the N4 is met (after the N5 has gone through a similar experience of having orders pulled from the shopping cart on release day).
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It said first *batch* of one thousand, not first *phone* out of one thousand. Meaning there are one thousand batches, and each batch has an undefined number of units. Chill out.
10. Tones (Posts: 52; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
ANy chance of them shipping my order i placed 5 and a half weeks ago?
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Short answer - not likely anytime soon. I hope you are patient.
13. Tones (Posts: 52; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I am but my patience is starting to wear thin. I mean i got a 5-6 week estimate so theres a couple of days left, but so many people who ordered before me havent received theirs, so i doubt it will be here in the time they gave.
15. bvalde09 (Posts: 172; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
it should be free at no cost to you if they cannot meet the timeline
17. techloverNYC (Posts: 422; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
google make me waited 1 whole solid month before giving me the shipping confirmation. Good luck waiting
18. skaar18 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I order mine 6-7 weeks ago.. I got a email that confirms that it has been shipped =) btw i am in the UK
14. Tones (Posts: 52; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
They did say they would release a battery patch soon so probably right.
16. gustavobarboza (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
What sucks here in brazil is the phone price.