Bragging rights: 5 Android KitKat features exclusive to the Nexus 5
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2013, 09:07 posted on
Google wouldn't leave its Android 4.4 KitKat poster child, the Nexus 5, without some exclusive features now, would it? From low-power audio playback to full-screen wallpapers with preview - these are Android KitKat novelties you can enjoy solely on the Nexus 5 for now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I don't really like the sound of 'exclusivity' in an Android device.
5. Finalflash (Posts: 1908; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It's more hardware related than software since it all requires specialized hardware. Other devices can get them, but the OEMs have to have the proper hardware in place to do so.
3. zekes (Posts: 213; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
I thought it android fans always say every update comes with the same features to every phone oh not a good day
6. tedkord (Posts: 5276; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It does. The feature is included, but other outings don't have the tech to use it. Android can use GSM radios. My Verizon phone doesn't have GSM. That's not leaving it off my phone.
It's not like Siri, which could and did run fine on older iPhones, but Apple chose not to allow it.
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so does KitKat can run on older models but google still refuses to update..
7. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Wait are the full screen wallpapers only on the nexus 5 not nexus 4 7 etc? And is it confirmed the other nexus devices won't get the "OK Google" feature?
9. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I have full screen wallpapers on my G2 :)
8. jbats (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
i'm fine without it. i just wish they'd give us a solid date on when the N4 will get it's kitkat fix lol cuz i love my phone and i'm not ready to upgrade just yet.
10. Gemmol (Posts: 563; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I think its good that they keep features for them selves, they should get more exclusive features like keep 20 to them selves and the rest of the features everyone else can have, its their android os
11. vishu9 (Posts: 251; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I already enjoy fullscreen wallpapers and preview on my G2! Maybe its because of the similar LG trearment?
12. galanoth (Posts: 342; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
This post is about exclusives to the Nexus 5 so why would software features be listed as exclusives?
The official rom for the Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 (2013) aren't out yet so we don't know if HDR+ or full screen wallpapers are exclusive to Nexus 5.
13. Gatman (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
No full screen wallpapers maybe might have to go g2....
15. jian9007 (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
If it's hardware related to the chipset, then the Note 3 should be able to handle it, as they have the same chipset, including things like the QFE1100.