Boxed HTC One (2014) unit hits eBay, is quickly sold for $499.99
0. phoneArena 12 Mar 2014, 10:21 posted on
As we guessed earlier today, we are back with yet another HTC One (M8)-related leak before the day is even out. This time around, some sneaky person has apparently, somehow, managed to get his hands on a Verizon-branded, fully-boxed HTC M8 and has already managed to sell it on eBay after a short bidding exchange that saw the price shoot up from the initial asking price of $199 all the way up to $499.99...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
83. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
The HTC One looks, feels and performs like a $649 phone. The S4 performs like a premium phone (with some lag) but looks and feels like a $300 phone. Trust me I have had both. It doesn't matter that the iphone only has 1gb of RAM, its how useable the end experience is.
85. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol like I said, feel free getting ripped off by HTC and Apple. It's none of my business.
Sure it matters. If I am going to use custom roms and mod it, the specs count. The gpe edition of the GS4 flat out outperforms the gpe edition of the HTC.
Anyways, regardless of how well something performs? Do you really want to get ripped off? Do you have no principles? HTC and Apple found a foolproof way to sucker you. Use the lightest skin possible with minimal multitasking abilities, and in the case of Apple, no multitasking abilities to hide the fact that they are charging you a fortune for mid range parts.
I dunno about you, but I don't care if the product performs well for everyday tasks. They still shouldn't charge me the same price it would to purchase a product that can perform difficult tasks. Anyone can use stock Android if they wanted to and it would outperform the HTC One every time.
Saying it's okay to use crap specs if the experience is usable is like saying it's okay for an ipad to cost the same as a windows 8 tablet. That is simply not true because windows 8 has much better internals and is pricier. Just because the ipad might be able to scroll through an app screen just as smooth it doesn't make it okay to price it the same as a windows 8 tablet.
I don't know what kind of mess up world you live in where usability is the only thing that matters. But to myself and others, I don't want to get ripped off period. Regardless of how convincing the con man's act is.
27. mmmanuuu (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
How many people here searched for the new one in ebay after reading this?
29. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
If this was a private buyer, then hopefully they will leak/confirm the battery size and the pixel count for the back camera.
30. helalovic (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
WUT? DDR2 RAM? I'm sold anyways I love the design.
31. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
So it sold for cheaper then what it would have been at retail without contract lol
33. pradeepreddy (Posts: 65; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
WOW, my comment(it seems soon,someone will start selling this phone on ebay/craigslist before it's introduction :) )
yesterday on article "Is this guy holding the All New HTC One M8?"
came to reality!!!!
39. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i remember your comment from yesterday. you are a genius
51. rns122112 (Posts: 49; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
cause @pradeepreddy is the one that sold it on ebay. why man? when you could have just came to me. we went to high school together. we go way back bro. lol (Disclaimer:me and @pradeepreddy never went to high school together AND/OR do not know each other. i was just messing with him as a joke) but btw good call on yesterdays artical
40. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 243; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Did I woke up drunk or something cuz I just read that htc sold a mobile before anouncment
41. Odiin (Posts: 340; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Not sure All New HTC ONE will get Best Smartphone award for this year, but it will definitly get the award for 'Mother of Leaked Phone' title.
50. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I'm starting to really feel bad for HTC now, I'm finding it hard to believe that all of this is marketing.
76. techaman (unregistered)
It's great sell it to self have everyone talking about it still not saying anything about battery and camera it's great we all want it
53. mike2959 (Posts: 506; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Every single rumor has been incorrect! Even the damn name guys! Everybody saying the most leaked phone ever. The processor has been wrong, the camera wrong, the type of memory wrong, the color wrong, and now it's down to the wrong name.
56. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
The processor has been right.. Gsm called this a few days ago I think. We don't know the camera specs yet. 2gb was always thrown around. Colors have been right to according to evleaks
57. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I can't believe the megapixel count is still not out there with all this leaks hahahaha wtf! It must be only 4mp then if they don't tell us
64. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this just spoiled the announcment on the 25th,and the hell this dude get the damn phone anyway? so now we know that the phone is already in verizon warehouse:(
65. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Phone arena, you have people that just sit on eBay all day just searching the HTC one all day? I call shenanigans lame article is lame
72. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Looks like there have been almost NONE improvements. Even worse than the S5.
74. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
expect for a much better review soon..LOL
81. GMS85 (Posts: 208; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
A question to be asked: the DDR2 instead of DD3, is it really going to cause ANY issues though?
86. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes, it means that HTC gets away with giving you a 2600 mah battery and slow ram for the same price as it would cost to buy a phone with a 3200 mah batter and fast ram.
I wouldn't want to be scammed like that.
87. GMS85 (Posts: 208; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Hmmmmm, I'll wait for a proper review then! I mean from A to Z.
89. 7Superman9 (Posts: 85; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
No it won't. Go test live models of phones with DDR2 and DDR3, you will not be able to tell the difference!
Taters is just a troll!!!
90. GMS85 (Posts: 208; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Regardless, I will go for it and I'll do my own review. Point blank!