Bought a Nokia Lumia 920? Here is how to claim your free wireless charger
Nokia has already designed the form to show possible dates of purchase that go back 14 days or longer. Nice job there. Where we have to laugh is with the color choice which is either red or white. After you indicate your first choice, the form asks for your second color choice. Hmmm. That's a tough one. Still, we can't be too hard on the Finnish handset manufacturer because after all, they are giving you this wireless charger for free.
source: Nokia via WMPoweruser
1. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
How can I get one without buying one of those undoubtedly great Lumias? :) That's a tough one.
7. aaronkatrini (Posts: 236; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
You wont be needing one since no other Phone/Device/Hardware supports it :)
8. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Yeah? I think you're wrong. My HTC Droid DNA will lay on it quite nicely. It uses a standard technology called Qi.
9. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I believe any device that uses the Qi-standard wireless charging tech will be able to use it. Supposedly Nexus4 and HTC DNA will meet that standard, and there are also shells/accessories to enable the feature in other phones.
2. digitalw (Posts: 46; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
it's not a stupoid question. The color is very importand. It's the first thing that ours eyes and brain recceives about some object. The first impressions are mosly the ones that say: buy or don't buy. :))) The color is linked to the form and that is why some objects looks bether in red and other in yellow and so on, And that question is very very importand!
4. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I think you misunderstood a little. They were sarcastic in the article. Because you have only 2 choices, and when you pick your first choice, then the second is obvious. They didn't say it's stupid to choose your color.
10. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Also that there's only 2 colors. One thing I don't like about my Lumia 900's charging/data cable is that it's white. It's high-capacity, so it charges fast, but it looks silly, and, honestly, a bit apple-ish. I bought some cyan cables online that match the color perfectly, but aren't high-capacity.
5. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Good question, Credo. You brought up a point.
This is for the UK ONLY. Terms and conditions: "Open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland...". PhoneArena should check the facts before posting. Shame they don't always do.
11. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
*#06# is correct. It can also be found in Settings > About > More Info
12. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
So any strength to questions about 920's battery life. Nokia had to give me a new N9 because the processor went into melt down mode. Reason I prefer phones you can pull the back off.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i know right! non-user replaceable sucks!! i really dont know why companies follow the iPhone-way! the non-user replaceable sucks big time!!! that's why i prefer the likes of mid-range phones....
14. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i didnt failed my algebra in high school! but in college..... :P
16. clevername (Posts: 1407; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Owlets right its for UK and Ireland residents only. Furthermore only for those who purchased promotional 920s or 820s from certain retailers and got a unique code. Kinda bummed about that.
19. Cyan3boN (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I'm pretty sure they will bring it to india. they have such a huge following here.
20. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Can anyone tell if I can claim free charger if I buy from Rogers Canada?
23. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Is Rogers Canada in the UK or Ireland? If it's in one of those places, then yes.
21. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
*#06# is the right code to check IEMI
24. s.barnard (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
i brought my Nokia Lumia 920 the beginning of January and filled in the form online to receive my free wireless charger two weeks after as i was told, and i still haven't received it, what do i do??