Both DROID X and DROID 2 to get 1GHz processor
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2010, 11:13 posted on
Originally thought to be clocked at a "pedestrian" 720MHz, the Texas Instruments processor under the hood of both phones runs at 1GHz...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. cc16177 (Posts: 312; Member since: 09 May 2010)
Just hurry up and release it already, I love the physical keyboard on my Droid but that 4.3" screen just made me jizz my pants.
3. Dark Asgard (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Apr 2010)
I feel sad, my incredible is out dated, happy i can upgrade in just a year! go vzw
4. zfly9 (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
How does Phone Arena post this and not update their specifications, which they even linked!
5. theGodpapa (Posts: 181; Member since: 15 Dec 2009)
that is B E A S T !!!! sick specs sick devices....just sick
6. ILOVEIPHONE25 (unregistered)
the thing about processors are they can be 3gigs but if the os sucks then it wont work right. Who cares about the processor as long as it doesn't lag or run slow.
15. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I agree. The A4 chip is nice and should help the iPhone 4 be faster, but that's not the reason why I'm buying the phone. I'm buying it because I like iPhone OS, the screen display, the updated camera(s), facetime, the touch screen (which I and many reviewers still think is the best), the design, and most importantly the app store. As long as it's faster, as fast, or almost as fast as other top smartphones, then I'm good.
17. vzw fanman (Posts: 1975; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
yes because the iphone os is so exciting! endless homescreens with icons. just what i want! look how exciting my droid screens are! : http://www.facebook.com/album.
7. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i LOVE how Verizon is marketing these Droids! completely. bad. ass. [:
8. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
Yeah, phonearena, keeping the pace....How about setting the pace..Verizon has to be doing something more than right for the iPhone to have to release 4 models of the same phone in 2 years...
12. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Well do you want to explain how these phones are better than the iPhone hardware wise? Pre-orders are tomorrow so I still have some time to look at other options. I see more improvements from the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 than the Droid to the Droid2/X. apple releases 1 iPhone every 12-11 months. I don't understand what Verizon has to do with that.
9. tallica05 (Posts: 93; Member since: 26 Dec 2009)
If Chuck Norris needed a phone this would be it... Too bad his beard is a dead zone!!!! Do you think anyone wants a round house kick to the face while he's talknig on these bad boys? Forget about it....
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
One of the main reasons Moto Droid sold so well was the amount of advertising it has and still has going on. If they advertise these phones enough, they will out do themselves for sure.
16. sgtslayer321 (Posts: 36; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
have to say that the reason why Droid did so good is because it had the best hardware out of any android phone at the time.