Boot animation for the Motorola DROID Bionic is leaked
0. phoneArena posted on 05 May 2011, 12:01
As you would expect, boot-up the Motorola DROID Bionic and you will see a red-eye animation; this has been the hallmark of the DROID series dating back to the original Motorola DROID...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. HemDROIDz (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 14:43 2
i can only wish that the 4 arms/connections stands for a quad-core processor. im jizzing in my pants just imagining it...
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 May 2011, 18:27 0
i was dripping jizz puddles from down my pants legs by the time i heard that new boot up sound. o:
3. doubler86 posted on 05 May 2011, 12:28 3
Come on Motorola, you better redeem yourself for all this waiting. We've been extremely patient.
5. Sniggly posted on 05 May 2011, 12:50 1
We had to wait 8 months between the release of the original DROID and the DROID X, and 9 until the DROID 2. Even if the Bionic doesn't show until July or August, that's still less than a year timetable since the Global and the Pro.
6. doubler86 posted on 05 May 2011, 13:07 2
True except for the global and the pro part. Even Moto doesn't use them as bragging rights or anything. But to ur logic, (droid till the next droid) then we would count the Droid X2 which might come out next week. But I really talking about the next big phone to make a big impact. Like the Droid, Droid X and now the Bionic. Basically the flagships. The Droid X2 and Droid 3 will be more like hey we have these phones too. But the Bionic will be the big alternative to the iPhone 5 for Verizon. And the ONLY one really specs wise, unless they get a Galaxy S II or III as well.
7. Hallucinator posted on 05 May 2011, 13:52 2
Not too exciting. Just a boot animation. Not sure how this equates to whether or not the Bionic/Targa will be a good phone, but to each their own.
10. Sniggly posted on 05 May 2011, 15:13 4
Sorry, I just enjoy the different incarnations of the DROID eye. It's certainly better than seeing a still image of the Apple logo.
11. Brad (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 15:17 2
Until a force close error covers it.
13. vantenkiest posted on 05 May 2011, 15:50 4
i have never seen a force close on bootup.
16. Cobjones posted on 05 May 2011, 16:01 2
He's never used an Android phone so he doesn't really know.
15. Sniggly posted on 05 May 2011, 15:57 1
Yes, because when have you owned an Android phone, and how often did you get a force close error?
18. Hallucinator posted on 05 May 2011, 16:27 0
Perhaps I like the black and white 1970's apple startup. lol. I'm just saying once you have the phone, how many times do you sit and watch it boot up? For the record I have owned almost every android phone that Verizon carries at one time or another. Just because I have a Iphone now does not mean I have anything against Android.
21. Sniggly posted on 05 May 2011, 17:07 0
Well, that last comment wasn't directed at you, but the fool who made the force close comment. I understand if you don't geek out, and the eye is coolest on first bootup. But it's still cool to see pride in their products. :)
24. Lucas777 posted on 05 May 2011, 18:28 1
ya but honesly it will get changed to a better custom boot logo anyways
28. Sniggly posted on 05 May 2011, 22:56 1
Yes, especially now that Motorola is LISTENING TO CUSTOMERS and unlocking the bootloader.
8. DroidALLDAY (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 14:40 0
I guess im the only one that caught the hidden message in the middle of the "eye". Especially obvious when it blew up (lit up). sneaky sneaky VZW and MOTO. but thank ya thank ya! knowing this, looks like i WILL wait...
12. AndroidTroll posted on 05 May 2011, 15:41 1
Why don't you just tell us what you noticed instead of being a brat about it?!?
14. tedkord posted on 05 May 2011, 15:51 1
I re-watched it. If you look closely and don't blink too much, you can make out the words "Pocketnow.com" in the eye.
17. protozeloz posted on 05 May 2011, 16:08 0
the source is pocket now their logo shows up on every video they upload
19. tedkord posted on 05 May 2011, 16:38 0
Guess my humor was too subtle.
22. protozeloz posted on 05 May 2011, 17:23 0
just tagging along
36. AndroidTroll posted on 06 May 2011, 13:01 0
Suuuuuuure you were protozeloz. lol
37. protozeloz posted on 06 May 2011, 19:24 0
don't tell DX
20. Alex (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 16:49 0
Meh, I still prefer the Charge animation.
38. BooHoo (unregistered) posted on 09 May 2011, 18:43 0
First of the targa is not going to replace the bionic that information is false and unreliable, Motoral simply stated that after the CES and consumer advice they are revamping the phone to give it that extra lil oomph to make the customers crap themsleves everytime they pick the phone up.
39. MionJaCon (unregistered) posted on 24 May 2011, 07:53 0
Please don't put motoblur on it! PLEASE MOTOROLA!!!