Boot animation for the Motorola DROID Bionic is leaked
0. phoneArena 05 May 2011, 12:01 posted on
As you would expect, boot-up the Motorola DROID Bionic and you will see a red-eye animation; this has been the hallmark of the DROID series dating back to the original Motorola DROID...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. HemDROIDz (unregistered)
i can only wish that the 4 arms/connections stands for a quad-core processor. im jizzing in my pants just imagining it...
23. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i was dripping jizz puddles from down my pants legs by the time i heard that new boot up sound. o:
3. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Come on Motorola, you better redeem yourself for all this waiting. We've been extremely patient.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
We had to wait 8 months between the release of the original DROID and the DROID X, and 9 until the DROID 2. Even if the Bionic doesn't show until July or August, that's still less than a year timetable since the Global and the Pro.
6. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
True except for the global and the pro part. Even Moto doesn't use them as bragging rights or anything. But to ur logic, (droid till the next droid) then we would count the Droid X2 which might come out next week. But I really talking about the next big phone to make a big impact. Like the Droid, Droid X and now the Bionic. Basically the flagships. The Droid X2 and Droid 3 will be more like hey we have these phones too. But the Bionic will be the big alternative to the iPhone 5 for Verizon. And the ONLY one really specs wise, unless they get a Galaxy S II or III as well.
7. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Not too exciting. Just a boot animation. Not sure how this equates to whether or not the Bionic/Targa will be a good phone, but to each their own.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sorry, I just enjoy the different incarnations of the DROID eye. It's certainly better than seeing a still image of the Apple logo.
11. Brad (unregistered)
Until a force close error covers it.
13. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
i have never seen a force close on bootup.
16. Cobjones (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Mar 2011)
He's never used an Android phone so he doesn't really know.
15. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yes, because when have you owned an Android phone, and how often did you get a force close error?
18. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Perhaps I like the black and white 1970's apple startup. lol. I'm just saying once you have the phone, how many times do you sit and watch it boot up? For the record I have owned almost every android phone that Verizon carries at one time or another. Just because I have a Iphone now does not mean I have anything against Android.
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, that last comment wasn't directed at you, but the fool who made the force close comment. I understand if you don't geek out, and the eye is coolest on first bootup. But it's still cool to see pride in their products. :)
24. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya but honesly it will get changed to a better custom boot logo anyways
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yes, especially now that Motorola is LISTENING TO CUSTOMERS and unlocking the bootloader.
8. DroidALLDAY (unregistered)
I guess im the only one that caught the hidden message in the middle of the "eye". Especially obvious when it blew up (lit up). sneaky sneaky VZW and MOTO. but thank ya thank ya! knowing this, looks like i WILL wait...
12. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Why don't you just tell us what you noticed instead of being a brat about it?!?
14. tedkord (Posts: 10663; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I re-watched it. If you look closely and don't blink too much, you can make out the words "Pocketnow.com" in the eye.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
the source is pocket now their logo shows up on every video they upload
20. Alex (unregistered)
Meh, I still prefer the Charge animation.
38. BooHoo (unregistered)
First of the targa is not going to replace the bionic that information is false and unreliable, Motoral simply stated that after the CES and consumer advice they are revamping the phone to give it that extra lil oomph to make the customers crap themsleves everytime they pick the phone up.
39. MionJaCon (unregistered)
Please don't put motoblur on it! PLEASE MOTOROLA!!!