Boost Mobile prices the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2013, 01:33 posted on
Pre-paid carrier Boost Mobile has priced the Apple iPhone 5s and the Apple iPhone 5C; the pair will be available November 8th for customers of the Sprint owned pre-paid carrier. Boost will offer the 16GB Apple iPhone5s for $549, 32GB for $649 and 64GB for $749. Those prices represent a $100 haircut from the usual off-contract pricing for the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Lol I feel sorry for the people who overspend on this
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Who would need anything more than a Nexus 5? Unless you like the bug-infested walled gardens of IOS 7, that is.
10. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
the only phone that i might consider buying with that price is 1520 and i am thinking of the nexus 5
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ouch for the price tag.
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2054; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Just don't like that is running on that network. It needs improvements. LTE would be great.
19. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Doesn't matter when you can't get it in your area. That's a huge Sprint issue in Central Florida. And with Boost piggy-backing on the network, it certainly doesn't add up to great coverage.
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I would use Boost Mobile except for one big deal killer -- they (like Virgin Mobile) use something called adaptive protocol to limit videos to 3G speeds. Plus after 2.5 GB each month, the data speeds get throttled.
What sucks is the adaptive protocol also applies to their 4G WiMAX service on Virgin Mobile data plans. That is why I left Beyond Talk and will be using T-mobile once my prepaid funds run out for the VM data plan.
5. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1130; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
This just shows that Apple is desperate to sell to anybody since falling from grace. lol@ Apple.
20. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
iPhone is still the top selling phone in the states. Android only has more market share because Android is licensed by almost every manufacturer.
22. stealthd (unregistered)
They want to sell as many as possible, just like every company out there. Are you seriously that dumb?
25. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Only the 16GB version has the $100 discount .
12. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
How dumb are Fandroids. Boost Mobile sells android phones. Is that LOL. It's a business. They're selling what their customer's want to buy.
7. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 805; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Who would buy the 32GB version of 5C if 5S is at the same price??? What stupidity?? Trying to reduce the sales??
This would be a big deal coz Most people would prefer 32GB version over 16/64
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. If they're gonna run a sale, it would be prudent to reduce prices across the board.
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's how they are trying to push the sales of 5S this holiday season as which is expected to be weak in general as per ShopperTrak due to hibernating US economy.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 21204; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This'll be Boosts best seller, 5S is such a complete device.
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Doubt it, Dark. Most people on Boost aren't dropping $500 or more at a time for one device.
14. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
"Those prices represent a $100 haircut from the usual off-contract pricing for the phone."
16. shead202 (Posts: 50; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
So the iPhone has come to Boost.
In case people don't know, Boost is owned by Sprint and Sprint had a deal with Apple in the Billions with the iphone. Sprint hasn't been doing great in that aspect.
There is a rumor with Boost doing a BYOD coming in January.
18. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
$200 extra to get an extra 16gb or storage for the iPhone 5C? That's blasphemous.