Bogus BBM Android app appears on Google Play
As expected, this fake BBM app didn't work. An Android version of the popular messaging platform has yet to be released. All it did was to inform the user that it would be activated on June 27 – the date, on which BBM was allegedly due to land on Android, according to now-squashed rumors. Then it just dumped its advertisement software onto the device.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why is it ok for bb sideload android apps but not ok for us to sideload bb apps?
any root player here care to explain?
10. realtrevor (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Because the BB10 Kernel is so powerful, it is able to run the Android OS as a runtime environment.
12. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Nice buzzwords you threw back there, mate.
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I wish Google would do more to block and remove fake apps. When scrolling through the top 100 free apps last night, i spotted atleast 5 apps which are fakes or apps that dont acturlly do anything like lie detectors and x-ray vision. DOWN WITH FAKE APPS!!!!
13. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Yeah, polluting the store with crappy fart apps doesn't make any good to Google and the Android userbase.
BTW hey, at least they're free, *insert OS here* users actually pay for fart apps :P
7. jeck77 (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
That's all app stores, not just Android, or do you not think iOS or Windows Phone never had this issue? If so, then do some research.
5. x78_nothing (Posts: 53; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
wow more than 100k? one of them oliver i guess lol
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Speaking of him, where's nikolas Oliver?
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3639; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How many times will google allow this to happen?
11. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
This is what happens when no proper reviewing system is in place.
Gotta hand some credit to Apple for reviewing apps more throughly.
14. flipjzn (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Over 100,000 android users were fooled? Wow! *smirk
15. MartyK (Posts: 714; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Over 500,000 a day activations, and only 100,000 download got infected... Google did a great job in catching this.. somebody please do the math.. lol
500,000 x 365=