Blurry shot of the new Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed for HTC M8 leaks out, confirms on-screen buttons
0. phoneArena 10 Feb 2014, 09:13 posted on
We are now getting allegedly the first real-life photos of the new BlinkFeed - HTC's RSS and social feeds aggregator, which show some much different visuals than what we are used to with Sense 5.5, as currently found on the HTC One and the gang. Categories and large, flatter icons seem to play a bigger role in the new BlinkFeed, and we can't wait to see it in action on the HTC M8 aka One 2 flagship.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. NoFanboy (Posts: 233; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
The phone looks just like the One which is... GREAT
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because it IS the One, this is just a leak picture showing the new Sense 6.0 for the One 2. The phone in the picture is the One.
17. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Thx xperiaDROID, my heart almost stopped when I saw that bezel
20. NoFanboy (Posts: 233; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
So you're saying they ported the on screen buttons onto the One with sense 6?
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think so, because the article didn't mention the phone in the picture is the One 2/M8, it only mention "new Sense 6.0 Blinkfeed for the HTC M8", you can see that in the title.
I think PA need to make it clear so fellow readers here in PA won't get confused by the phone in the picture.
24. NoFanboy (Posts: 233; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
True. Well evleaks himself said it'll look strikingly similar so I'm expecting a slightly larger phone with the same bezels and everything else.
3. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
i luv htc...evo fo ever...but i just dont like the way the one's body feels...would hate to see them do it again
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Let me guess, because the curved back on the One makes it wobble when it's sitting on the table?
14. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 890; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I can't decide if i love the curved back or hate it to be honest, i hate it using on top of a table but i love how it fits perfectly in my hand thanks to the curved back.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I love phones with curved back, especially the One. I tried it before, it just feels great and it fits perfectly in my hand.
6. Genersis (Posts: 203; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Looks *too* close to the HTC One...I wonder if this is just a One running a ROM with on-screen buttons.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, the picture is showing a One running the Sense 6.0 ROM with on-screen buttons.
7. jan25 (Posts: 417; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
iam inclined to believe it's a fake. if they are going to fit in a 5 inch screen with relatively the same body of the One, i would imagine the bezels to be thinner.
9. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Is it just me or am I seeing those same thick bezels again? Anyone
15. UglyFrank (Posts: 553; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Why can't the leakers ever take a good picture?
31. s_boy (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Either it's fake (most likely) or HTC are drumming up interest i.e. an intentional 'leak'....any publicity is good publicity,
21. newbey123 (Posts: 449; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Can't wait for this to get released, Im ready for an upgrade to this beast.
25. mmmanuuu (Posts: 237; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Why do people comment before reading the article but just by looking at the title?
27. EyeSee (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Why not better specs than the S800,805?
30. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
s800 is very new still. Only the last flagship phones had it late last year. s805 will be on late 2014 phones. If you want to wait til then, you will have a phone with it. It will still take like flagship phones of late 2015 to take full advantage of s805.
32. UglyFrank (Posts: 553; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
S805 should have been ready sooner, the GPUs from PowerVr, nVidia and Mali will be capable of reaching 300GFlops+ in their optimum configurations.
33. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
yeah but they just announced the s805. Wait till late this year or 4th quarter. I don't understand why people need it so much. s800 is fine.
28. EyeSee (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Why not better specs than the S800,805?