Blurry picture of alleged Nokia Lumia 1030 reveals Windows Phone phablet
0. phoneArena 31 May 2013, 11:48 posted on
A tweet from a person named Dahny El Perro contains a picture that was allegedly taken at Nokia France; while the image is blurry, the subject is supposedly the rumored Nokia Lumia phablet. According to information that was sent with the picture, the unannounced model is known as the Nokia Lumia 1030...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2129; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Fake, look at the bad perspective compared to the HTC One, that strange overlaps it while both sitting on the table. Also look at the top left corner of the fake phablet, the device is much thinner there then at the bottom. The supersized Xperia Z photoshopped over is also fake, there are several light sources reflecting on other phones, but only one hits the "Togari". My guess this is a career meeting or some sht and someone having a few minuted decided to mess around with photoshop.
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Looks like a Blue Vu... And you know how ugly those are. LG should sue them.
42. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
not a htc one, also confirmed that it's fake
46. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
sorry guys bad news from wpcentral...
" Update: Our sources tell us that this photo is not
accurate and that currently Nokia does not have any
'phablet' plans. Sorry folks!1"
3. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
Another upcoming nokia flopship. Samsung FTW.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lawlzz, got to hand it to ya...you're good inventing words, still not good enough.
The real ship you are flopping by your stupid comments is Samsung's.
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't feed the troll, Nathan.
52. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Samsung products will eventually be banned from using all versions of Microsoft OS, including WP, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7/8, Win Server, etc.
Nokia, Asus, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Acer, and others will take their place...
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hm...this is interesting!
Hope this is true.
41. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
interesting how the bezels are also looking very small compared to NL920. It is very important to keep bezels minimum at this sized screen...
I hope Nokia comes back again...
we want a company we can trust...
note: plz don't rply with advertising of NL920, they never said it was taken with it.
Nokia - Connecting People.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6499; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now that's what I called a vicious Nokia phone but/w 3 gigs of ram damn
37. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
we don't need it on wp8, frankly 2 GB would be more than enough on wp8...
I hope it comes with snapdragon 600 or 800 BTW...
40. freebee269 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i hope it comes with a new intel chip just so it can be different from every other oem using snapdragon.
44. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I'm still closely watching Nokia and Windows Phone. I think wp has the potential to become the next Android and for that to happen Ms should really speed up the development maybe double if they can...
Modern UI has a lot more to offer than Icons and they look beautiful, the only problem is that MS should allow to add buttons on live tiles and they will rival widgets...
And absence of a unified notification center is a deal breaker to me...
45. haseebzahid (Posts: 1828; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i hope for win8 straight away with more support then ever ful x86 hehehe
6. Diego! (Posts: 505; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Cool!!! But 5 inches? Why don't they make a 5.5" 'á la' Samsung Galaxy Note II or LG Optimus G Pro?
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2779; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Where did you get that 5 inches? The article only says about 6 inches....
15. Diego! (Posts: 505; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I already corrected my comment! See below! :P
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's 6 inches, not 5 inches. :)
14. Diego! (Posts: 505; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I know, my fingers got stucked on the keyboar haha :P Sorry!
22. kamejoko (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
S-pen very important to success. Not big screen.
38. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
super sensitivity of screen patches that one
7. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Guys! Below the galaxy note is The Xperia Togari. Both Nokia Phablet and Xperia Togari leaked on the same pic
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O.O Where? Where?
I can't see it!!!
It's in front of me but i can't see it...!!! :P
28. user996 (Posts: 183; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
why to look at the togari when there is lumia phablet?
13. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh wow, looks like two beasts leaked on the same picture, the Nokia Lumia Phablet and the Xperia Togari (below the Galaxy Note 2). Nice!
26. akki20892 (Posts: 3475; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia phablet size looks similiar to note 2. so we can guess it should have 5.5" screen.
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, and I hope it comes with a stylus too, maybe N-Pen?
33. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nah, it doesn't sound stupid in my opinion. :)
53. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The last thing i want to hear about, if Nokia ever comes up with a stylus-ed phablet, is a name that sounds similar to what Samsung has already come up with.
N-pen or L-pen...no offence but it sounds lame and copied.
17. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Looks like the store tile has the old windows logo on it ...
20. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
but i hope its not just big screen i'm expecting some phablet exclusive example: s-pen for note series
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmm if I'm honest in the phablet market I think Samsung have a massive lead I mean the note lime is impeccable but I suppose competition is good ....
23. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Look carefully, that's not the HTC one but the HTC M4, the mid ranger. The non chrome sides look to be a giveaway and i'd say
24. windroid (unregistered)
I think it's a mockup, at the angle the photo was taken, not sure if the screen is supposed to be this bright.
But then... Financial Times already revealed Nokia is working on a phablet, and it's not the first time we heard about a three row medium size tile device.
27. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If this comes with a stylus or pen input, snapdragon 800 quadcore, it's going to be a very interesting six way fight between the HTC T6/Togari/Asus 6 incher/Lumia 1030/Optimus G Pro and Note 3.
30. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Too bad for those damn hideous tiles; this would be intriguing if it were not for the same old Microslush rubbish!
56. rcranium (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The tile interface is great. I use it on my gn2 with launcher8. It actually is more versatile than wp8. Just got a 920.
31. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Looks nice but its too big to be a phone too small to be a tablet. I wouldn't buy it. But i'm definitely getting the Eos or the 925
34. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Lol it looks like a tablet next to other phones
.. this is funny and cool at the same time.....go Nokia??
50. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
the only thing stopping nokia is msft only.....dunno when they catchup vid nokia,s innovations and ideas...and gud to hear smbdy say that it will be 400 gm. Atleast it wont b a cheap plastic heating the backpart of body and damaging the screen as well..btw there is a aluminium fram phone known as 925 vid beat sturdy body and awesum feel.sorry to add dat its lightweight as well. . Sometimes i really wonder , girls never complain of phones weight but sum soft guys cry their heart out bout lumia,s weight. .its so heavy , cant life it i will break my wrist....god help...weirdos....go nokia we really need a more then 5” experience frm ur bag f goodies....