BlueStacks App Player released for the Surface Pro, brings 750,000 Android apps to Windows 8
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2013, 09:17 posted on
You'd even have the Android navigational buttons like Back and Home as a Charms menu on the right. Moreover, BlueStacks now allows you to run the Android applications full screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
that adds another reason for me to own a Surface
24. Troll.isaha. (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
O no not Android Apps on WP8, now WP8 might succeed, or else its failing, which should, useless emty restricted OS©
53. ZeroCide (Posts: 777; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
your face is restricted. You can't even see that this article is bout Windows 8 not windows phone.
2. Samsomesh (Posts: 195; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
That's great.. Hope that should be condition for windows phone in future that will help the platform... 750,000 and counting android rocks..
5. bon24x7 (Posts: 206; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
now lets hear what the android camp comes up with to bash windows...hope it shows up on WP8 as well...
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol that Blue stack is a punch in the face for droid Fanboys bashing about apps well that issue is straight out of the ground in one blow
15. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
This program makes android apps even more popular. Who needs making software for windows if there is such a fertile app like BlueStacks. Windows is punched, not android!
19. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Windows OS isn't going away any time soon. Keep dreaming...
27. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Dude we are talking about windows 8 pro here, not RT.
Who needs the phone quality apps android has to offer when you have a huge x86 world to explore.?
The selection off programs on x86 platforms is enormous compared to everything out there ..
Plus android apps are not even optimised for larger screens.
30. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
if windows 8 is really such a huge world to explore, so this bluestack is piece of useless s**t. What is the reason to create it? There is no sense in it according to you. If you're right tell me why people are so excited about it? Windows RT, Windows 8, an average user doesn't even care if there is a difference between them. I don't understand the point of your post.
29. bon24x7 (Posts: 206; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
W8=millions of legacy x86 softwares+games+w8 apps+750000 android apps..
Android=750000 apps+braindead zombie fans...
who punched who...? come again...
32. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
I don't care how many millions or thousands apps windows posseses. I just know android has got a lot of apps I use daily. And I'm sure that these apps are likely to get updates regularly. I also know that android has got many options that windows cannot offer now on mobile gadgets such as best hardware, a vast range of hardware, a promising os and so on.
34. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hahaha u dont need to care about the world of real softwares and games you can stick to your tiny pond
for ur lack of info pro came with not best hardware in mobile but the top hardware which exceeds any mobile hardware used in desktops and there is nothing android can have against surface pro simply its outdated and overrated crap
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
first of all pro is far more then android which can eat dust vs the pro performance its runs every game released on PC and soon news games gonna come with touch screen mode too so technically u android is left far behind the windows again win app store is now 750k android+wp7/8+win softwares which is actually 1000 times bigger then android apps list ow i forgot android is not even comparable to windows8 different platform
42. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
E X A C T L Y.....lol.
Android apps running on Surface.....how is this a punch in the face for Android fans?
Android fans like Android....software, apps.
Maybe this is a punch in the face for Android ...tablet....fans.
35. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Bluestacks is buggy, many apps don't run well and not every app works. This is nothing to really be a selling point for windows 8.
40. bvalde09 (Posts: 181; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I have a macbook air install Bluestacks there and it really its not the same. I play every now and then on my Nexus 4. Dont get me wrong gets the job done but I wouldnt dare to say that will boost the sale
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
Love to see android fans and Windows fans punching each other on my Mac :p
6. pfroo40 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I've played around with this on my laptop and it is pretty slick. The biggest issue I have so far though is that it seems to be unable to run larger games that require additional content download (Nova, Asphalt etc). I've also heard that performance is a little laggy still. The most advanced game I could run was Samura II Vengeance, which ran fine, but on an i7 with a 640M so a bit beefier than even a Surface Pro.
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
performance might be translated from android as android was laggy too
45. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
well thats not the case surely if a quad core mobile processor can run most apps great than a i7 pc processor should literally eat these android apps for lunch...my guess is an emulator which this is will never be good as a native regardless how powerful it is.
49. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i made a joke on android laggism ported as it is dont know if it is true but porting is tricky stuff take example of console games emulated on PC even the high end pc might not do well on emulator simply because of software doesnt use hardware well
9. lucasho2312 (Posts: 32; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
omg, is it for real ? I love you, Bluestacks
10. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Investing windows platform is not the right thing while expecting the android software IMHO
11. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Now, who's got the appzz and gameszzz?!