Blue iPhone 5c unboxed, fiddled with and powered on in a Chinese video
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2013, 06:05 posted on
A 3 minute video of a Chinese person unboxing and powering a blue iPhone 5c is trending on Weibo, China's Twitter equivalent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Iphone 5, iPhone 5C...is the same but now in a plastic body. So why bother about unboxing?
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 15649; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If you buy one, you gotta open it at some point rite?
17. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
29. Brewski (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Is that a Micro USB to Lightning converter? It would behoove Android manufacturers to do the same in reverse.
13. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
No, not at all. You can see that the device is extraordinary beautiful and of evenly high quality. If Apple brought the 5C with 5S specs, I would definitely consider buying such a device.
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"You can see that the device is extraordinary beautiful and of evenly high quality."
No, I don't see that. iPhone 5 or 5S looks better.
23. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1675; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The 5 and 5s look better and more premium than every device on the market not made by Vertu, so your comparison is a bit myopic. There needs to be clear delineation between top and middle.
32. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I never mentioned the word premium in my comment. I just said that it looks beautiful and is of equally high quality. Which device looks better is highly subjective. The only that can be excluded is that the device looks cheap.
33. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I agree. But wait until next year. Then Samsung will probably bring the Galaxy Max Ultra Note Color (in short: the Galaxy MONC).
3. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
THE VERDICT: IPhone 5C is BEAUTIFUL on its own, nothing to argue, apple have pushed so much with the design.,,but the inside of the phone is PATHETIC...
if you are a fashonista who value design go for it..but if you aren't stay from it..
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Really? I personally think it just looks like Apple didn't care and put the iPhone 5 in a cheap case to make profits.
21. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
take it from we have it already in our office
the phone is very attractive..
but the inside is a sh$$
24. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
What do you mean by the inside? Hardware or software?
7. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I don't see this being a fad for people. If you want classy phone, iPhone 5S is your man. Carrying a iC (Cheap and very pathetic), its like you're iPhone is a china copy android phone.. :)
11. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The Chinese copiers at least have the decency to put some better quality plastic on it.
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1675; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I highly doubt that. The manufacturing process alone looks like it is closer to the Lumia range than the Galaxy range, which only features seams and painted plastic.
22. Sauce (unregistered)
Which is the same exact reason I changed my mind on buying a horrid looking tier end feature phone from Samsung last year. Cough cough.
16. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Agreed. The design rocks. The specs are outdated for the price it costs. If it only had the specs of the 5S.
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1643; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
i thought this guy got it in a cereal box.
30. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
are you stupid or something ??? grow up man !!!
6. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Hey, if it works great for variety then i think the dudes shouting droid should be able to relate to variety if nothing else. It's the price man...they could have priced it better.
8. muser793 (Posts: 56; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
550$ for this crap ?! really ?! ty i'll buy a 200$ lumia 520 instead !
12. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
$250 Nexus 4 > All similar priced phones
Nexus 5 will be the best bang/buck phone again (in the US)
9. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Why so much hype for an expensive, recycled phone? The hardware is outdated, brings nothing. Talk about the 5S, please...
10. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I could see the iPhone 5C being popular amongst young teenagers or even hipsters. I definitely wouldn't go near it lul
18. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
We have 199$ Nexus 4 and 90$ Lumia 520 in the market.
Why do we need this 5Cheap/Crap?
28. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
if u like lumia then buy it botther apple ??
35. BigBoss10 (Posts: 257; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 looks 100 times much better than this crappy iPhone 5c & s
37. matt69 (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
I'm glad he just showed EVERYONE his ESN / IMEI. So smart...