Bloomberg: Nokia Lumia 920 to be introduced Thursday by AT&T
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 19:38 posted on
It looks like the Windows Phone 8 era starts at AT&T tomorrow as a report from Bloomberg suggests that the top-shelf Nokia Lumia 920 is set to be introduced by AT&T; AT&T is expected to announce a bevy of new handsets on Thursday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4631; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Those colors look too off for my tastes. I like to keep it simple.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nokia Lumia 920 black and white are also available.
22. nokiafan4ever (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
speaking of colors they (at&t) also have cyan but no gray, here is the link :http://www.wpcentral.com/att-adding-nokia-lumia-920-and-820-their-windows-phone-lineup
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Colour is good :)
3. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 141; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I just hope it won't be an At&t exclusive
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow!! cant wait for it!! it should be on plan lower than the iPhone and S3/oneX!!!!
i hope the same approach of lumia 900!!! coz WP is still building momentum on its own! and if they go high-end i dont think it will sell really hot.. it will sell but not fast!
why? WP's ecosystem is still growing and remeber that it is still not open to all devs... only on selected people! and i dont know if the WP7 apps will work on WP8..coz i think the reason that WP8 SDK isnt available to all devs is that MS is still trying to figure out how will WP7 apps to work on WP8!! or else they'll start again... and the 100,000+ apps will be worthless!
14. cdgoin (Posts: 373; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Everything I have read is that WP7 apps will work with WP8 fine.. I don't think that will be a problem at all. At minimum they will have to port them, and since the GUI is the same, that shouldn't be very difficult.
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i've read here before in PA that it might be that microsoft is trying to figure out how to port WP7 apps to WP8.. coz again like from WinMo to WP- WinMo apps dont work on WP7 coz its different kernel... so i hope im wrong but since WP8 is a new kernel- different from WP7- microsoft's still working about this!
here's the link!
6. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
AT&T has been getting all the good fones lately, wonder why....
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
they have deal and listen to costumer thats why!
16. cdgoin (Posts: 373; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Ahh.. they listen to the customer..? Doubt it. I think its because all the money they made on being the iPhone exclusive vendor so they are willing to pay out to the big companies for exclusive rights. I know T-mobile has a habit of not wanting to play ball with phone manufacturers. I Heard the DVP was supposed to be AT Tmo but they backed out leaving Dell having to try to sell the phone online, thats why they came up with a AT&T version later in the hopes of convincing AT&T To sell it. When they wouldn't they cut their losses. Hopefully one day, T-mobile will change their tune.. but I doubt it.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6797; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
need to announce XPERIA T AND NOTE II PLEASE AT&T
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
The hell, with those. Bring on the LG G :-)
13. cdgoin (Posts: 373; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
JFC.. WHy can't T-mo get the nice phones.. ERRR... ! Oh well.. Im sticking with my DVP for now.
24. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
They want that cheap Image but it not working to their advantage. For some, they just don't learn their lesson.
15. cGmC11 (Posts: 118; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Tomorrow will see ALL the HEROS of AT&T?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
HTC One X+
James Bond Sony Xperia TL
Nokia Lumia 920
LG Optimus G
Great day for HUGE Hand-On!
17. papss (unregistered)
I can't wait. I want pricing and dated tomorrow