Bling! Golden HTC One is official, but you can't pay its $4400 tag
4. AfterShock (Posts: 2806; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
These were dressed up for an award ceremony, not for pompous users so much.
6. AfterShock (Posts: 2806; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
To clarify, I'm just saying.
My post was not entirely directed.
5. Fuego84 (Posts: 278; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Guess what, not from the iPhone 5s as goldgenie has been dipping smartphones I gold for a long long time already. Check out their website.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 11452; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man you got defensive lol. Calm down dude, we all know 3rd parties bling out phones lol. Woosaaaaa
8. tedkord (Posts: 4810; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well from Apple, of course, because there were no gold phones before. Plus, the iPhone 5s is clearly dipped in real gold.
Why is it that whenever Apple does something, history resets and they are the originators?
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 11452; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol... Ted I never said apple, you did. Heck no apple wasn't the originator of gold phones. I remember P. Diddly had a gold moto star tac back in 95' at the MGM Grand lol. Apple did however popularize this latest gold trend, not dipping, but as a standard color option. Popularizers yes, originators no. +1
20. tedkord (Posts: 4810; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Come on. You didn't say Apple, but you know you implied it.
23. tedkord (Posts: 4810; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"Popularizers yes, originators no."
I don't think anyone on this site has ever summed up Apple so succinctly and precisely.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Wonder where they got this idea?"
Not from Apple.
2. mr.techdude (Posts: 547; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Now that looks crazy, I'm buy in one pronto. LOL
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1451; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
if someone is going to hate it means you're doing something right
10. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Personally I think it looks awful. But one things for damn sure, repairing that would be a b*tch.
14. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I want to see a drop test lol XD
16. promise7 (Posts: 424; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It doesn't look too bad, but that MOBO logo on the back is horribly ugly and ruins the whole luxurious look.
17. silencer271 (Posts: 185; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I can pay it but why would I want to? Its an HTC.
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not every phone looks good in gold, and not everyone wants 'one' in gold.
Even if i had money, i wouldn't on splurge on this. I'll admit iPhone 5S gold looks even more appealing.
19. Sadman_Hossain (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
The iPhone 5S' Gold version seems more subtle. This is too over powering gold color, takes out the elegance out of the phone despite the bling.
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Maybe because this is actual gold instead of imitation?
25. Sadman_Hossain (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
Still, nevertheless it doesn't look appealing, atleast not me. If it doesn't look good, using the real thing wont make any better. The silver version is way better than this one. That's just my honest opinion.
22. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The only thing uglier than gold phones is gold teeth.
When will this madness end?