Blind cameraphone comparison 2 (Indoor test)
1. chunk1x posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:40 5 0
A is good and the cat is pissed. Please bring in N8.
2. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:41 0 0
The cats eye on device C looks really, umm scary...
26. sand (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 16:57 0 0
3210? more of 5110 or 5110i
4. santaclaus posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:02 4 3
PA, u can't ignore N8 just because it is a poor performance phone. it is still a SMARTPHONE !!
18. twenti7 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 12:41 0 0
From part 1 of this test; "This time, the blind test includes four high-end smartphones, each from one of the four major US carriers... While this method leaves some of the best cameraphones out of the equation (think, Nokia N8)..."
I swear, some people just can't read.
5. tlfner (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:15 0 0
What a useless comparizon. You will have to use a tripod to hold the phones steady.
In the first set of images of the girl image A is blurry because of camera shake. The chair images are ALL blurry because of camera shake (look at the light in the eye of the puppy). The last set of images excludes camera B and C because of camera shake. Look at the eyes of the girl.
If you want any credibility in such type of test, use enough light to avoid slow shutter speeds and camera shake, or use a tripod.
20. Igor (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 13:30 4 0
I think it's a good decision do not use tripods etc.
If the phone cannot take a good shot in your hands and requires this "you must stand perfectly still and don't breath" stuff, that means it's gonna be almost useless in real life.
6. p0rkguy posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:16 1 0
Please include ranked polls in future tests. A is clearly the best but I'd like to vote from best to worst.
A, C, B, D for me.
8. hurrdurr (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:45 0 2
And you still suck at taking photos. Other than using different phones, nothing's changed
30. lba1616 posted on 13 Aug 2011, 03:01 0 0
I think he takes the VERY BEST photos, look at all the compliments the cat is getting;-) Don't be jealous!
9. daniel_bargs posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:06 2 0
hahaha WTF i cant stop laughing after seeing the cat in 100% crops... is that cyclops in android-themed laser beam? wahahhaha the hell
10. Sniggly posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:17 3 0
In the first set, I voted for D because of the awesomeness of the cat's evil eye glow.
15. corps1089 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 09:49 1 0
C turns cat into evilcat.
D turns cat into robocat.
11. rex0422 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:30 0 0
Device A is awesome! Is it T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide?
12. FwD (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:38 1 1
at A, it is arc, bet!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. don (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:50 0 0
What are the Phones?????
who really cares - unless you tell us the phones...
14. Name A1 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 09:07 0 2
A. HTC Sensation
B. Sony Arc Xperia
C. Samsung Galaxy S II
D. Apple iPhone 4
16. remixfa posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:15 0 1
Id like to think A is an SGS2. It reminds me of my SGS1 with a slight oversaturation and a good ability in lowlight. Of course, they said its a phone for every carrier, so unless they have a US SGS2, its not in the competition..
19. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 13:06 0 1
Device A is the best here. Wonder what phone it is... maybe a Galaxy S2 ?
21. bola (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 13:42 0 0
In the 1st indor crop selection device B had the best crop.
22. iHateCrapple posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:10 0 0
Device A is the iPhone 4....I've seen that indoor photo of the critters in the funky chair before in another camera comparison article.
23. Nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:24 1 0
I swear the cat transformed into some demon thing from device a-d
24. unreg (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:58 0 1
A. myTouch 4G Slide
B. Sony Xperia Arc
C. Galaxy S2
D. iPhone 4
25. sand (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 16:56 0 0
The flash from the eyes of the cat...is it xenon or power led? I wanna buy that cat lol
27. max3423423 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 17:44 1 0
Device A is the Sony Experia Arc with the backlit Exmor-R sensor.
29. belon1986 posted on 13 Aug 2011, 02:47 1 0
i am sure Nokia N8 is not in this comparison....
32. Veggiebug (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2011, 04:19 0 0
You got the movie "Click" on DVD? Seriously?
33. saffant posted on 13 Aug 2011, 08:14 0 0
A takes better pictures, but B has more natural colors ie most similar to the Digital Camera.
34. Gutt Feeling (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2011, 08:30 1 0
My gut feeling's telling me Device A is most likely the Xperia Arc~ Gotta have a backlit sensor to produce that kinda pictures indoors
36. that one guy (unregistered) posted on 14 Aug 2011, 08:32 0 1
couldnt they have found a better looking girl?
37. rwrife posted on 15 Aug 2011, 10:24 0 0
I'll LMAO when they release the results and the winner ends up being a $50 pre-paid feature phone.
38. Schwinn (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2011, 12:00 0 0
A is the worst of them all. Sure, it takes "pleasing" photos, but at the expense of smoothing everything to oblivion. All the detail of the photo is gone from camera A, in addition to the oversaturated (and over-yellowed) pictures.
C is the most neutral for colors + detail... but the last set of shots might be unfair since some are blurry and others are not... the blurring there is masking any potential for detail. Granted, this usually is a sign of a slow-camera shutter, making it a poor-er camera... but we don't know that for sure. Tripod-usage would have eliminated that question.