Blind Camera Comparison: you choose which smartphone's camera did best
More popular slideshows
More popular slideshows
- Which phone's photos do you like best?
753 votes (753 votes) Samsung Galaxy S5 (Phone 5)
470 votes (470 votes) HTC One (M8) (Phone 1)
467 votes (467 votes) Sony Xperia Z2 (Phone 2)
417 votes (417 votes) iPhone 5s (Phone 4)
371 votes (371 votes) LG G2 (Phone 3)
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1198; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
They are doing a lot of blind camera test lately :P Love it.
54. neops (Posts: 161; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
2 for colors and 5 for image clarity (a bit blueish).
It's a bad idea to shoot leeves when ther's wind.
Reader has to vote before read the coments, because some of them that suggest which phone is which, may destroy the unbiased and objective voting.
63. district11 (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
If you want to do a blind camera test. Please enable side by side view. I cant tell if i have to check 1 picture at time.
67. uRiBiTo666 (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
d'accordo (agreed). Side by side (or actually mosaics) Make the comparison ALOT easier.
2. Commentator (Posts: 2295; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Another blind camera test article??? Man this site is run by a bunch of blind camera test fanboys.
Phone Arena? More like Blindcameratest Arena.
6. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
There is a reason for blind test. Its because new phones are coming out. Lets see another blind test with LG G3 when that comes out and when iphone 6 comes out. This is really good test. They come like once every 4 weeks. if you don't like it then go away.
46. DerryAhmad (Posts: 242; Member since: 05 May 2012)
But why only 2 scenes?
"..last week's blind camera comparison featured two lesser-known handsets, namely the Oppo Find 7a and the Huawei Ascend P7. "
So they seemingly replaced the two lesser known brand/handsets to more familiar ones but didn't bother to have the exact number of scenes as last weeks?
They also didn't include lowlight scenes where the S5 seems struggling. This is interesting.
56. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Maybe more scenes will come out when G3 is out with Samsung Prime and M8 prime? I don't know but I agree. More scenes should be there and in dark areas too. But they will probably make a much more important comparison when more phones are out.
10. Commentator (Posts: 2295; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
So, apparently my obvious sarcasm wasn't so obvious.
This place is boring.
52. TylerGrunter (Posts: 864; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
When just reading text sarcasm is NEVER obvious. Same for emotions.
45. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Better to have a blind test then having fanboys picking their favorites no matter what....
4. sip1995 (Posts: 660; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
And once again Lumia phones are not included, what a shame PA.
12. Commentator (Posts: 2295; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
As far as we know, they're all Lumias!
16. papss (unregistered)
What do you expect from androidarena? They will include old as$ phones from android but leave newer lumias out.
22. Bioload25 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
How do u know that? its a BLIND camera comparison,as far as I can tell,without putting on my glasses
7. phljcnth (Posts: 255; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Let me guess:
1 - One M8
2 - G2
3 - Xperia Z2
4 - iPhone 5S
5 - Galaxy S5
19. tech2 (Posts: 1787; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
My exact predictions ....lol
4th is guaranteed an iPhone. Typical iPhone with warm colours.
1st is guaranteed M8
Not sure what phone is 2nd but its not that good.
3rd is mostly Z2 with the presence of bluish/purple-ish tint and color accuracy seems slightly off
5th is the best of the lot. Seems like GS5
30. hboy857 (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
You're amazing, even though this test doesn't have a reference photo you can tell which photo/phone represents the accurate color. Really you're amazing.
38. tech2 (Posts: 1787; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Did you read the part where I wrote 'my predictions', Smarty Pants ?!
64. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I think 1 is Z2 and 3 is M8, we've to wait though.
66. Gamas_K (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I think no. 5 is xperia z2 because of the clarity
9. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I hope this time it has these phones
in no specific order just the top 5 contenders in my opinion
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2266; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
This is the worst one yet. I mean are you kidding me? Just 2 scenes? lol
14. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
to make it easier to spot your favorite device :D haha
15. Sauce (unregistered)
The smallest things can have the biggest impact.
(Definitely no pun intended, lmao)
17. Sauce (unregistered)
Apple hater: That awkward moment when you realize you voted for iPhone
Samsung hater: That awkward moment when you realize you voted for Galaxy
39. Beijendorf (Posts: 278; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Because clearly the only reason there are people who hate those two companies is because people are disgruntled about the camera performance!
18. r41nier (Posts: 63; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I would never vote in these polls unless they include a reference image taken by a DSLR!!! It's hard to know which one is more natural, oversaturated, or overprocessed unless it can be compared to a reference photo.
21. Sauce (unregistered)
Then there would OBVIOUSLY be one clear winner - Which ever is closest to reference of the DSLR. (Nokia fanboys could say Nokies > DSLR's but they're just drunk, high, and slightly mental).
I think the purpose of them doing it the way they do is so the community can see which looks the best in general, not by which is most accurate.
Also, I always see a lot of hatred on these things (scroll up to 2. 4. 11. 16. comments lol) because their beloved phones either lose, or are not included.
27. elitewolverine (Posts: 1174; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
most of these comparo's when a nokia is included have had nokia on top, from the 1020 to the 1520 etc.
28. Sauce (unregistered)
Thats funny. Didn't the 5s beat a Nokia last year?
35. Xenaz (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Oh come on, you really believe that the 5s can beat the 1020 in camera?? You really rely on these polls to determine which phone-camera is better??
I'm not saying that the 5s camera is poor, but you just have to admit that the 1020 have a far superior camera spec compare to the rest of the smartphone camera.
You may want to arguing that the 5s has a better software optimizing/post proccessing than 1020. But that is just one of the factor for taking good picture, while the rest, 1020 clearly has a far advantage than 5s.
41. Sauce (unregistered)
No doubt. The camera is great on the 1020, but as a phone in general, not so great. Yes, the 1020 is superior in the camera hardware department, obviously.
57. sbw44 (Posts: 366; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
you mean this?
try harder next time idiot
65. Sauce (unregistered)
Looks like I hurt someones feelings, again. LOL!
News flash. Don't care. Didn't even bother clicking those links, because what I just read, told me that some random nobody just got mad and angry at my post, idiot.
32. Xenaz (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Partially agreed, but perhaps PA doesn't have a proper person who can handle a DSLR camera as not everyone knows how to operate a professional DSLR camera properly.
20. seanwhat (Posts: 81; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
can you please add an actual camera pic so we know what to compare the pics to.
23. alireza_asol (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2014)
doing test in 16.9 mode is not fair...
s5 sensor is 16.9 and it uses all of sensor
but others are 4.3
49. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I believe the article said all photos were cropped to the same total pixel dimension to avoid any favoritism.
24. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
2 and 5 seem to be the best. I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 5S and Galaxy S5 are among those.
25. Nataliamolinaao (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2014)
Look what i found ! a website where you can see the specs- and comparison- and the phones in 3D!!! just moving it with the mouse ! and they have all the colors for iphone 5s (by the way, the best phone in the market right now in my opinion) have a look
50. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Troll harder. Iphones are a joke and the Nexus has never been a flagship phone, just one running a "purer" experience.
26. Sid91 (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 May 2014)
phone five for me but one doesnt seem so bad if you ignore the lack of detail
29. PRoChandra (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 May 2014)
The Pic that loads faster is HTC M8 :D :D
33. Penny (Posts: 1105; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Hmm. Based on the fact that there are only two scenes, no 100% crops from each of the cameras, and little variance between scenes (both high detail, harsh sunlight pictures with foliage), I think PA is doing more of an experiment on their testing methodologies than an actual camera comparison here.
34. amasog (Posts: 129; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
lol!! blind camera comparison,,, again and again???? LOL!
40. tahirk (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
It would have been really better if we could have test in different lighting conditions, macro shots & HDR. Here we have a clear winner 5 & 5 is 5.
42. alumoyo (Posts: 142; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
What phonearena REALLY NEEDS TO DO is block commenting on all these blind camera comparisons. There is always someone posting which cameras they think it is. And I think it affects the voting somehow. There should be no need for comments, JUST VOTE!
47. swordmaster2551 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
I like 2 and 4 the best, going with number 4
48. NOSrawesome (Posts: 22; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
They never do the Moto X in these blind camera comparisons