Blast from the past: 10 emulators for Android
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2013, 08:15 posted on
Ah, the magic of emulators – those neat applications that make software run on hardware it was never supposed to be compatible with! They have been around for quite some time allowing us to play old-school video games on our computers. But now that smartphones have grown capable enough, all sorts of emulators have been developed for mobile platforms as well. Today we're bringing you 10 emulators for Android – emulators that can be used for playing retro video games, but also for getting familiar with computer systems from 30 years ago. Check them out, throw on some games, and have fun! Just don't ask us where to get ROMs (games for emulators) from as we won't tell you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
no school like the old school. old IS Gold
3. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
There out there. They just didn't make the list for some reason.
9. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
http://www.ppsspp.org/ - it is still in dev.. but some games are working..
6. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I'm not sure why they listed ePSXe instead of FPse. FPse is miles ahead easily.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12482; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think this list is incomplete without SNES emulators being mentioned.
8. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
WHat about Psp or nds emu on android there is one out there called ppsspp and dsoid
10. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
They can't. Sony had them banned already I guess.
12. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Lol if sony was banning emulators there is no fpse pcsx2 or ppsspp emulators are legal roms are not
13. reflex62 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
This list was very helpful but I agree with the others there is no mention of NES or SNES emulators. I recently got Jnes for Android and it's great, if there is an update to this article I'd include that.