BlackBerry won't offer an entry-level BlackBerry 10 model this year; BB 7 continues to sell well
BlackBerry UK and Ireland MD Rob Orr says that in the new BlackBerry portfolio, the BB7 devices are the workhorses for financial institutions and the government. Those have been the buyers of the previous-generation BlackBerry models. Orr said it is important to show that the company is not giving up on models like the BlackBerry Curve.
The biggest test of the new BlackBerry 10 will come next month when the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 is launched in the United States.
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
hmmm and where are blackberry 7's selling well at? Alot of government and companies are moving to other phones. My work is giving us a choice between the gs3 gnote 2 and the iphone 5. They used to big BIG on blackberry but after the 9800 said forget that and started to let us android and IOS.
2. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
maybe they need to put a new entry on bb-dictionary. bb7 selling well means : only in canada, indonesia, india, and... thats it.
6. bb7issellingwell (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
LOL. big LOL
user in Indonesia, Canda, India were too stupid.
they still think BB7 is great, and RIM want to milking to this situation.
on another news....
android beat BB IN INDONESIA since January 2012... (SINCE LAST YEAR)
and samsung beat BB IN INDONESIA since July 2012 (6 MONTH).
So, don't say that BB is number one in Indonesia.
Indonesia already moving to android.
10. jsdechavez (Posts: 702; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I'm not a BB fan but I just think that BB7 or any BB does very well for the Enterprise market. Many of these companies joining in on the move to Android or Apple may be just looking for ways so they can have more fun OUTSIDE OFF DUTY or during those breaks (including self-declared extra overbreaking) and down times..
11. JuraganBensiN (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
Why Android and iphone BRING MORE productivity compared to BB?
1st.... If your company have aps for consumer, your company will be DETACHED from their customer if they use BB. Using BB for company while having aps for android/iOS is like using 2 different language in 1 company.
* Reason: when your customer say the app need blabla, your company won't really know the reason because all their employee doesn't use it.
* Reason2: If all in the company using BB, then they wouldn't know the REAL TREND in SOCIETY, that's apple and android. How can your company survive if it's acting like an elite?
2nd. BB7 is outdated. It's a 2003 phone. It can't be categorize into smartphone anymore. With this outdated device, you can't have a smart idea. For example, this could happened
* "I have an idea, blablabla..." it turn out your competitor already doing it in Android/apple, and your company didn't know it because using the outdated BB7.
3rd. Why should you / your company fight for BB? If BB fail, it will drag down your company. Are you willing to sacrifice for BB?
16. MC1123 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
you do know that BlackBerry isnt just for work right?! a lot of people still buy it especially teens and young proffesional!
and also BB's key market are in asia, europe and africa so thats why BB7 will still be alive!
but its sad that they wont bring a BB10 in low end market though! they should really bring it to that market since they promise that they will ring 6 bb10 device this year and for all market (so its low end, mid and high end)
im so ok with 3.5 iphone but its really kinda small now, so i wish at least a 3.7 bb10 will be coming for low end!
17. MC1123 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont really understand why companies need to ditch their company phones (let say BlackBerrys since it is really made for business)
it will just cost more if they change, lets say that the company has 1000 employees, they will give a new phone to their employees a thousand note2/iphone5 too, right? so it will cost a fortune! what if they could just give those money as a bonus? that would make sense! i mean you dont really need new phone ever year!
3. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Must be living in the past. Many governments and businesses are switching to the iPhone. I'm not sure where this guy is getting his info from.
4. ZeroCide (Posts: 688; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
LOL. you live in your own little iphone world..... They are also switching to other phones.
7. bb7issellingwell (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
and many of iphone user already move to android, especially note II.
So, for those technically incline
feature phone -> bb -> iphone -> note II
for those smarter
bb -> android
iphone -> android
nokia -> android
8. lucasho2312 (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I got a hand on the Note the day it was released and was amazed by the screen splitting. Otherwise, I see no reason why a lot of ppl keep praising it as god item. the phone is bulky and heavy and "no human being can use it with one hand" (from SAI)
12. JuraganBensiN (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
BB user were dumb...
When they move on,
they pick another dumb platform.... iphone....
iphone & BB
Dumb & Dumber
5. bb7issellingwell (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
This is THE REASON BB10 will FAIL.
BB were NOT intend BB10 to sell at mid-low price.
BB were thinking that their BB10 CAN compete with Android and iOS and WP.
In reality BB10 spec looks pale compared to android
and i don't think android user will switch to bb10
it just barely beat iphone, but lost big time to apple app world.
and i don't think iphone user will switch to bb10
the spec just beat wp7 by small margin, the app market about the same quality
but why would wp7 user move to BB10? if they already feel the bad of deserted ecosystem, they would move to android/ios instead of bb10
that's the reason bb10 will fail...
turtle heinz think bb10 too high
9. jsdechavez (Posts: 702; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Now, now... Where's that BB10 upgrade to the Playbook!!!!
13. JuraganBensiN (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
Throw away that Playbook and get a REAL tablet...
Try Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Asus Transformer or Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Playbook is for looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
18. MC1123 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol!! playbook is a great tablet while your nexuses are just the real toys!
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well, i guess it will still come on q2 or q3
15. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The is BS news. I cannot wait until they go bankrupt and close for business!