BlackBerry wins preliminary injunction against Typo
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 22:25 posted on
On Friday, U.S. District Judge William Orrick awarded BlackBerry a preliminary injunction against Ryan Seacrest's Typo. The popular broadcaster, currently hosting the 13th season of American Idol, co-founded the company. Typo produces a snap-together case for the Apple iPhone, that is equipped with a QWERTY keyboard. BlackBerry sued Typo, claiming that the design of the keyboard resembles the QWERTY keyboard on the BlackBerry Q10...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11397; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
4000 units sold? That's probably quadruple of the number of blackberries RIM has sold.
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
haha funny besides the fact that phones don't cost 40-50 dollars sold more then that
11. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Interestingly, quadruple is also the factor by which Android smartphones outsell iOS smartphones. Double is only the factor by which they are more stable.
12. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Mxy, you really don't have a life. All you do is troll.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
He hates Motorola and BB.
He only loves Apple!
Even WP he dislikes
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11397; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It only takes a few minutes to comment.
21. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You still don't have a life. Troll.
25. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Minutes that would be better spent on self reflection.
22. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
although you are wrong, that was a good zinger :)
4. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
tbh if they didn't then the court was rigged or something
14. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Yes, justice served indeed.
6. tsuperman (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
BB might win against typo, yet BB phones are dying a slow death anyway.
13. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
BlackBerry will win against Typo. And no, they won't be dying off at all. Your statement has no relevance to this article.
19. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Agreed, too many services that work extremely well and too many people still die hard to the BB brand for them to die.
26. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Unfortunately, that's not true. With all these diehard fans, they're bleeding cash. There's only so long any company can do that. Not that I'm saying that's imminent, and I'm rooting for them.
9. mayur007 (Posts: 563; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
So they got the apple habits
As they were with them.
Its not a surprise ..
10. xtroid2k (Posts: 515; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Why not buy typo and then sell the keyboard as a unique iPhone accessorie. Stop making handsets for a few years. Cut your staff down and make accessories keboards. Get the blackberry brand reputation up. In 5 years relaunch a handset. Idk lol
23. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
^This is the best idea spoken on this matter up to this point.
Problem is, Ryan Seacrest is too much of an egomaniacal money-grubber to sell this company.
27. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not much of a company if it can't sell its product.
15. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Good job, BlackBerry. Typo has clearly copied the BlackBerry keyboard and is beginning to pay the price for their theft. Typo needs to be shut down, or pay a licensing fee to BlackBerry or just sell the company to BlackBerry for chump change.
17. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Not only Typo but we the consumers are also losers here as another innovative and useful product is blocked from the market place. I hope this product does become available for other touch screen devices also as I am one of those individuals who both enjoys touch screen advantages but prefers to do my correspondence using a physical keyboard.
20. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Typo has a hit, all they need to do is redesign the keyboard to not duplicate BB's product. There's plenty of ways they could have made it look and still be fully functional, why they chose to invite BB to defend themselves makes no sense.
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
It's all the mind work of Ryan Seacrest, who himself claims he "prefers a physical keyboard like Blackberry", but loves the " function and style of the iPhone". He claimed he no longer wanted to carry two phones around.
In other news, Seacrest is a frontrunner for the new poster boy position at Summer's Eve...
28. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Like Typo really cares Blackberry is going downhill fast
29. tokuzumi (Posts: 937; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Typo will slightly alter their design, and make it where it looks less BB-esque. Then, Typo can post the pic of Johnny Cash giving the finger on BlackBerry's facebook page.