BlackBerry will not produce an FHD handset in 2013
0. phoneArena 15 May 2013, 17:42 posted on
If you have been waiting for a BlackBerry 10 model with an FHD screen, you might be waiting until next year at the earliest; during BlackBerry's annual conference being held in Orlando, Marty Mallick, VP of Global Alliances at BlackBerry, said that there will be no such model coming from the Canadian manufacturer this year. Mallick says that the company is trying to keep its screen resolutions consistent to make it easier for developers to produce apps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I honestly feel bad for this company these days.
28. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I feel good...Sooner they close the better
2. Ale749 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
Blackberry is belated in relation with other smartphones.
3. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Good they are almost ou of business
13. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
They do not have much time left and I cannot wait
23. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The device had its time and is done. Thorstein Heinz is one of the worst leader of any company. This guy talks out of his mouth like he is the leader in the market place. The devices are outdated technology and the software is horrible.
8. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
why is it a good thing for a company to go out of business, what if you owned a company and someone wished that on you, if you dislike BlackBerry, carry on, you don't have to like them, you are entitled to an opinion, but saying it's a good thing for them to be almost out of business is jerkish. Why don't you make a mobile OS that is used by millions all over the world and then see how hard it is to maintain.
12. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Millions try one person. Nobody uses Blackberry anymore
29. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yeah about 4 in the United States.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're an idiot apiskula, if you hate BlackBerry, why clicked on BlackBerry articles, nobody forces you to click on it, it's very simple. Keep on spewing the hate, it's selling and people are loving it!
You need to close your doors, apiskula.
24. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Maybe about 10 people are using Blackberry. They are not selling at all. Not sure where you are reading this. THey never release sales figures because it would be embarrassing.
22. tatail (Posts: 229; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
the three thumb downs you have are probable proof of (bodies) that there are people using BB and I am one of them..
25. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow three thumbs down...and three people who use Blackberry.
31. Swanson (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 May 2013)
It's a good thing because less people will get duped over and over again. This company has promised so much yet provided so little. Their fans seem to be hungry for punishment over and over and over. Always thinking the next update will magically fix everything and each new device will somehow topple all competitors and blah blah blah. But then it's just the same thing every time. People wasting their money on these garbage products because they think everything will be amazing and then it's just more frustration and disappointment with sub par trash products. The sooner they go out of business, the sooner everyone will have a better phone experience and not get conned over and over again.
4. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Blackberry seems to be behind the curve with everything. Wish them the best but they just seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot.
6. Heatfan316 (Posts: 464; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
This is ridiculous because I honestly can't tell the difference between the resolution on my z10 and gs4 no matter what distance I hold the device from my face.
7. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yeah, it's no deal breaker. The FHD screens are great, but they suck the juice. 720p is fine.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Something about having a full hd display that fits in my pocket gives me bulging underwear. And since I'm a Note 2 owner you should be able to make out the difference due to the larger screen size. I see your point because having a 1080p display in a 4" iPhone does not make sense.
11. Hemlocke (unregistered)
I have an S4 and a Z10, and while the 1080p screen is nice, so it the 720p screen.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why are you compare the crappy z10 with mighty s4? That doesn't make sense at all
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The S4 is not mighty at all.
And the Z10 is not crappy at all.
Your comment doesn't make sense at all.
26. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
You are exactly right. The S4 is leaps and bounds above a Blackberry. Heck phones released 3 years ago are ahead of Blackberry!
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1060; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
As if this is what is going to really be what makes or breaks Blackberry
17. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
yisus, i hate blackberry too but what is the matter with 1080p screens? they are useless in my opinion, no matter how hard you try to convince someone, they look the same 720p vs 1080p, for me it is only a damn braggin right, but that requires a microscope to demostrate anyway
20. AndrewRockie (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
Who needs Full HD when 720p already looks good?!?
1080p just degrades the overall performance of the smartphone.
I'd say 1080p is good to use for 5.5"+ phones
21. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
as long as they keep it above 300ppi i don't think anyone will care. pretty sure it's really just us nerds here on phone arena that know all the specs anyway.
27. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Apiskula, Well everyone can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. First why would anyone want a company to close its doors? If Apple, and Blackberry all went out of Business the tech sector would slow down and the price of the phone would skyrocket. Blackberry 10 by QNX is by far the best OS on the planet. Blackberry has some really cool features up it sleeve. It will explain the what Mr Heins meant by it being a true mobile computing platform. As to the number of Z10 sold All 4 of my family love there Z10. Also I have converted 3 gs3 users to the Z10. As well as 2 iPhone users. One question? HAVE YOU EVEN USED A Z10?
30. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yes I have seen the z10 and not impressed at all. Still a bunch of garbage just like the other ones. The main players in the mobile market are android and apple. No rom for anyone else. I am not sure who is using blackberry any,ore but I only know one person that still has one. Everyone e else has an android or iPhone. Blackberry is done so deal with it