BlackBerry roadmap reveals important dates for upcoming Berry models
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 21:01 posted on
A leaked roadmap for BlackBerry, covers some of the company's most eagerly awaited handsets for the rest of this year. Near the end of the third quarter, say September, the Canadian manufacturer is expected to launch a device codenamed "Khan" which is the new BlackBerry Porsche Design P '9983. This will arrive with BlackBerry 10.3 on board...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Blackberry is doing some good stuff with the Windermere/Passport. I hope they continue to innovate.
The "Khan" could be something quite interesting, especially if they embrace cutting edge tech and do a good job with industrial design.
Personally, I think it would be advantageous for BB to make a super secure version of Android optional on their devices. It'd open up the market a lot. And it's better to cannibalize yourself than get your customers stolen by other vendors.
I see much more clearly how John Chen has stabilized the ship. Kudos to JC.
2. Heatfan316 (Posts: 409; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I think the Khan will be a porsche design. Yeah it says it in article, if I had the money to throw away like that I'd probably get one.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
There are some great Porsche Design projects, but some of it is pretty junky. I hope they pulled out all the stops and made something special.
4. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Some exciting times are ahead for BlackBerry! This roadmap serves to underscore that. Each handset on the roadmap seeks to serve a particular segment of the market, and I believe they will serve them well. Hats off to BlackBerry under John Chen. They are doing a great job!
On a side note, I can't wait for the Passport to release! That innovative handset running BB10.3 is going to be phenomenal!
16. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
No, I do not. I have BBM, but not a BBM Channel, my friend...been thinking about setting one up, though. How about you?
17. Zeeya (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
C00121417 is mine... posting some pretty sweet tunes...(it's a music channel)
18. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Cool! I'll be checking it out and subscribing, my friend!
19. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Just subscribed! Great tunes, dude!
5. GalaxyS5 (Posts: 200; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lol at blackberry, market leader once, now begging for companies to carry on buying blackberries while it has lost hope with costumers.
6. parthoman (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
hey galaxy s5 , happy with your plastic ?
arent you the branded copies of iphones?
how does that feel? its a roadmap that article has described. not a joke.
9. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
How does your comment relate to anything on-topic? Is it that you need attention? BlackBerry doesn't need to beg for anything being the MARKET LEADER in their chosen to field in which they focus on: ENTERPRISE. Your precious Samsung is nowhere to be found there.
Why don't you go and troll somewhere else, GalaxyS5?
12. jbishops (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Aug 2014)
Yep they are begging for customers to come back. They have their time but continue to fail in consumer and losing enterprise market fast.
15. meanestgenius (Posts: 1092; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Show proof with links that BlackBerry is begging customers to come back. Oh, that's right, you CAN'T. That's because it's NOT TRUE.
Their consumer handset sales are up 15%. They hold over 60% of the enterprise market. How is that losing?
Oh, you're just trolling again, jbishops/Apiskula? Should have just said so...
21. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2157; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm actually going to applaud you on this one. You pulled a tri-fecta. You managed to sound unintelligent, troll, & add nothing to the conversation all at the same time. Good job. Thank you for being part of that embarrassing group that makes all Android users look bad. ***begins slow clap***
7. parthoman (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
well passport is my choice if i decide to gift my Q10. i got the cash :D
blackberry classic will really sound cool while releasing fleet of enterprise devices.
and the Khan is for the CEO's and other bosses and celebrities.
10. Zeeya (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
BlackBerry Classic aka BlackBerry 9720?? Well researched PA!! Thumbs up!!
It's, BlackBerry Q20 aka Classic... you nerds!
13. skippernoodle (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
I feel like the Passport is made for the highly productive people in this world, the movers and shakers of industries, while the Khan is for people who have made it. With the $2000 price tag it's definitely a symbol of status.
14. refillable (Posts: 629; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Seriously I don't think this is some kind of an attempt to introduce Blackberry back into the mainstream market. The introduction of the Z3 is however pretty smart. They should bring competition to those strong Android players.
20. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Early review of the Passport looks pretty interesting:
22. 9Inches (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
9720 is not the same as the classic. Just so you guyses know