BlackBerry makes $98 million quarterly profit, ships one million Z10s
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 07:12 posted on
BlackBerry just issued its quarterly results, and it was not as bad as analysts expected. When all is said and done, the Canadians made a profit of $98 million, which amounts to 19 cents a share, on revenues of $2.7 billion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Nice start for 'em. They need to keep it up though. Eagerly awaiting their next phone, hopefully they won't price it as high as they did with the Z10.
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
One major problem which i think is hindering the sales of the Z10, it's too bloody expensive; priced a lot higher than Lumia 920, at almost the same price as the Galaxy Note in Malaysia (when Malaysia does not have any taxes for smartphones). A Z10 costs USD $729 roughly, off contract.
21. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I got mine for 550 with tax so how is that expensive?
34. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the price differ dpending where you are on earth..smartphones are usually more expensive in third world and cheaper in developed countries
iPhone 5 in the united states = $629 (16gb)
in brazil = over $1000
41. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
but thats the main problem with BB. Take the Z10 for example....in no way is it superior to the current flagships out there yet the price is more than the competition! That was BB's undoing in the lighting-fast mobile tech world and aI am afraid they're repeating the same mistake.
Its a nice start and all, a nice little flurry....and I am happy for 'em but they need to get smarter to survive!
2. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Good Start, BB would be back slowly but surely.
22. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Even with success stories u sing the same tune lol your a sore loser
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm waiting for BB's comeback. I hope they can.
42. donfem (Posts: 646; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And why are you happy? I am surprised that you exhude some form of lack of educaion or have little understanding
44. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I am a Network Admin and nobody in our company is using blackberry. The interface is terrible, apps are terrible and I have to have a licensed server to use it. It's a product failure that is going nowhere. They continue to lose market share (which I am happy I am a part of ) and they will soon fail!
45. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, BB won't fail. Just wait and see.
46. verty (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Useless boy! Your business is a failure. I wonder who your fake customers are. A word to those who employ loosers like you: fire him!
48. axllebeer (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
So you have used the new software and on the released Z10, not on a dev model?
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
That's a good start; with the launch of Q10 probably things will get a bit better, but it's taking them way too long to launch it.
5. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
6 million Smartphones?? WP is surely number 3 now!!
23. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
No it's not BB sales for this quarter only counts for 1 month so spring quarter will be the one to judge plus it's a new phone and software. People forgot about BB but give it time for the word to spread
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
most innovative platform oh please BlackBerry 10 as if bb is not partly a ripoff of MeeGo harmattan especially with the swipe features
7. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
nice..., keep on selling them to india, indonesia, canada and uk. I'm sure those 4 countries can give you a little bit of breath.
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Do these figures correlate at all with Brightstar's purchase of 1 million Blackberry 10 handsets?
Or, will that purchase be reflected next quarter?
25. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Yep next quarter. this quarter only includes sales for febuary and partially for march but not including sales in USA and possibly other countries
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
NicolasOliver should be commenting soon!
Where is Xtsay thee BB Lover?
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I was thinking how become youre not posting,,,,?
27. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Agreed looks futuristic and sleek compared to any phone out now
17. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Thorsten (your and idiot) sell now and close your doors. Your company is failing and your products suck. I cannot wait until your done!
33. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Out of the six million BB smartphones shipped. How many were bb10 devices? And since this number is shipped and not sold, how many of these devices are still on the shelves? If its quite few, then suppliers aren't likely to order any new shipments and if they do it will likely be a very small order.
37. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
According to heins, roughly 2/3 of the million z10s shipped were sold so 630,000 to 666,666 max worldwide on z10 sales. That leaves around 370,000 to 333,334 z10s laying on the shelf.
40. renaissance (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
How stupid people can be to dislike comments of those who are happy to see BB is doing well.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lot of haters dislike and Trolls in here!!
47. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
it is a nice start for them. Now they have something to at least build on. Everyone has to start somewhere.