BlackBerry hits number 20 on the top patent winners list for 2013, up from 29
IBM ran away with the crown last year, as Big Blue was awarded 6809 patents, or more than 18 per day. Samsung finished second with 4675 patents. Other notable names from the mobile world that made the top ten include Sony, which finished fourth with 3098 patents awarded, Microsoft (5th place, 2660 awards), Hon Hai (8th place, 2279 grants), Qualcomm (9th place, 2103 awards) and LG (10th place, 1947 patents granted in 2013).
Among other big names in the mobile world, Google wound up number 11 with 1851 patents granted last year. Apple finished 13th with 1775 patents awarded.
BlackBerry made the top 20 in patent awards in 2013
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung is #2 and Apple is #13. I don't want to hear people spew BS from now on.
4. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well to be fair, many of the BS spew out is about patent submissions which many start being ludicrous...
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope. Don't want to hear it. Their patent on OIS is rightfully deserved. What they do with it is a different story.
2. Bootutu (Posts: 155; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
No 13 on the patent list, but the biggest and loudest b*tch on the planet, SMH!
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Kind of like a chihuahua. Microsoft isn't that far behind either.
5. hemedans (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
that show patent quantinty and not quality. someone can make million of patent about fying bycle and become number one
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1874; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But where is Nokia? Surprised.
Most of all are Japan and US.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1874; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Assingee Name or Assignee Name. :D
9. Vanster (Posts: 99; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
samsung is not just phone maker. Samsung has many products. not like apple they just make macbook, ipad, ipod, iphone, ios and another i-.. anyway ofcourse samsung number 2 howmany phone they have make, thousands. But iphone not more than 10,, see how many technology in one iphone
11. miles16852 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
i think its funny when peolpe use that so called 'horrific' word, it sounds so SISSY!