BlackBerry confirms the Q10 will cost $249 on contract, coming by the end of May
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 20:33 posted on
We were wondering earlier today when we saw some BlackBerry Q10 documents leak whether or not we should expect the device to be released soon, and now we have a better idea of what to expect from the device. BlackBerry has confirmed that the Q10 will be released in the US by the end of May and will carry a pretty hefty pricetag...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
It won't be a consumer hit with that price
9. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Not at all. I've been an outspoken BB supporter for quite some time, but every action they have taken with regards to releasing BB10 devices has been the biggest mistake possible. Sever delays, overpricing, launch of the Z10 first over the Q10, everything. When you're a dwindling company, you can't have the mindset of "charge as much as we can because we need every dime". There are still plenty of BB fans out there willing to give them a, er, 3rd shot? If they're that confident with BB10 and BB10 is their saving grace, they need to make it affordable so people go out, buy it, and spread the word!
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
And within two weeks after it release it'll probably drop to $149. Does Blackberry really think a lot of people would spend $50 more when they can get the S4 or the HTC One (which are way better phones) for a lower price?
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
agreed, bb q10 will be outdated in a matter of months
3. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Rim must have become a while different kind of stupid over the years, huh?
4. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Is this a joke? I hope that funky little phone comes with a happy ending at that price.
5. AcE_LoZeR (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Way to shoot yourself in the foot Blackberry.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
ahaha told you, RIM (opps, blackberry) is way greedier than Apple, who would buy it other than hardcore bb fans?
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3358; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I find it odd that they would price this higher than the Z10. The Z10 seems like it would be the higher priced device. At the very least, I would think they would be the same price.
10. Trex95 (Posts: 663; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
The funny thing the Q10 it's more expensive than S4, Xperia z, bb z10, Iphone 5 16 gb and xperia zl?!
11. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yes finally this will put them out of business. Great move by Blackberry to price this junk at $249 when a much superior phone in all aspect the S4 will be released shortly. Good job Blackberry keep up the solid work so you go out of business.
13. ryan-BBN (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
i would love to find an unlocked one that i can use a cdma sim on for straight talk i love the look of the Q10. I have the I5 but want the Q10