BlackBerry announces one partner has ordered 1 million BB10 devices
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2013, 15:27 posted on
Maybe BlackBerry isn't as close to dead as we once believed, at least not in the enterprise segment, because the company shocked us today by announcing that an unnamed partner has ordered 1 million BlackBerry 10 devices. That may well amount to having all of your eggs in one basket, but at least for now it is a sign of life from BlackBerry...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Everyone should ask himself why BlackBerry announced that one partner has ordered 1 million BB10 devices but even can't name it? Why for BlackBerry is so important to spread that message? Why BlackBerry is so hard trying to convince us that everyone is buying BlackBerry phones as hot cakes?
In my opinion BlackBerry is frustrated talking about current BlackBerry phones and just desperately trying to increase a hype. Usually when company has good sales, there is no reason to convince all around because everyone already can see that...
7. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The ain't Apple or Samsung that boasts and brags about how many they sold....BlackBerry is taking their time moreover wait until march 28 when the Announce their quarter results. ..
13. lucasho2312 (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Apple doesn't boast their revenue or profit. They were forced to announce their revenue yet they underestimate it. In terms of profit, they gave a number which is even higher than that of MS plus Samsung but one can easily say thats somewhere one tenth they actually made. You dont want the world know you're rich. They let the world say Apple is going down, Samsung dominates, MS revives or whatever. Money is drawn into Apple's pocket.
18. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Of coarse blackberry is gonna brag. it's a new software and new phone. They have to let the public know how they are doing and I want to know as well so screw you.......Iphone and samsung have been out for long enough why would they brag? It's selling woohoo good...but we don't care so go comment on a samsung post u pain in the ass
24. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Unnamed company ordered 1mil BB10
Just wonder how is that possible
Not only 1 mil is too big number for any company in the world, but also it is a bing decision to make but no one knows except for BB itself?
If the unnamed company wanted it to be secret, why the hell BB announced it?
It just doesnt make sense all the way around
28. drdaly (Posts: 38; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
1mil. Is way too big order to be announced and then the whole world discover its a lie!!
If they lie they will lie a good one like saying: orders from several parters reached 1 million then it would be a good lie, now they're announcing it like that..., i can't imagine anything but being the truth.
3. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
and that partner will regret that decision soon enough...
6. nikenturd (unregistered)
That was an imaginary partner.
I find this news too fishy
8. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You find it fishy because it didn't come from Samsung or Apple. ...fan boi mad as hell...
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's probably Lenovo and the 1M BB10 is the entire company from talent to toilet.
11. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Let the haters continue to hate cos BlackBerry is back and to stay this time... I don't know of any company that will survive a whole year without releasing a flagship device..Apple and Samsung should try the same and go Bankruptcy. ...
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Do you relly think that by revenues world's largest information technology company (Samsung) go bankrupt if won't release any flagship smartphone in interval of one year? :DDD
19. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Apple and Samsung don't have the balls to release a brand new OS cuz they got no new ideas hahaha
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't see a logic in your statement...
32. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
All samsung does is come out with bigger screens and features that are useless...Iphone 5 has same boring OS with a few updates added to it
25. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Yes Blackberry is back today with the worst BB10 maps (worse than iOS maps) limited features and apps and all swipe amd touch OS copied from Meego (Nokia N9) and yes Blackberry is back nowadays by being a cppycat. Is that what you are proud for BB fanboy? Shame..shame..shame
29. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
They are not going to stay. They are just dying a slow death and it cannot come soon enough
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
In a city of population 4 million that i am in, the BB official joint had just 15 sets of Z10. 13 got sold on first day and it went out of stock on 2nd day. Stock replenishment time 10 days. Yes Demand is HUGEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D
15. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
SMFH, HATERS wow. what you all have to loose or gain???????
16. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
bb has a very good os i played with the phone easy to use plus has a battery to take out and sd card slot all plus and im a andriod guy plus i worked for verizon and now att
20. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
and smart investors will be dumping their shares in 3...2...1...
21. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Blackberry are literally living off the Business and Enterprise market, its been their strongest market sector since the beginning!
26. a_tumiwa (Posts: 336; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
i guess it is Telkomsel Selluler of Indonesia.
it`s not that hard to sell 1 million blackberry in indonesia
30. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I think that meant to say 1 device.