BlackBerry ads ready to take over the screen on your Apple iPhone and Android handset
The "takeover" commercials will coincide with a series of newspaper ads in such prestigious newspapers like the New York Times, which will be followed by an interactive typing challenge designed to show off the speed and accuracy of the BlackBerry 10 keyboard versus those on other people's phones. BlackBerry will try to encourage people to use their smartphone to scan a QR code on a digital or print ad, and that will allow the typing challenge to load. A person's smartphone will then host the typing challenge between the native QWERTY on their phone and the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY. The idea, of course, is to show off the quicker and more accurate typing experience on the BlackBerry 10.
Will any of these sports actually result in more sales of the BlackBerry Z10? BlackBerry has been hoping that the U.S.launch of the Z10 would really help the company gather momentum. Now, it looks like it is going to have to be up to the physical QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 to keep the dream alive. If that fails, we could hear more about BlackBerry's plan to license its security features to iOS and Android users, something that just came up last week.
1. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Free games, free apps, a free OS in the case of Android. Google and those apps developers gotta get paid... And it's through ad revenue.
5. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
No we will be forced to watch those nasty blackberry band videos on our phone
8. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't say I like it, can't you see the ":/" (symbol)? What I mean is, it is boring!!
Geez... why nobody knows what ":/" means? :(
11. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
uncommon and rarely used...it usually :(
16. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
(Sigh) Ok, fine. I will stop using that symbol. :(
21. yero789 (unregistered)
I knew ":/" that smiley :D :D
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If everybody don't like the ":/", I will do "O_o" next time! xP
24. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, that's what I mean, BORING :/
34. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
The only thing that's boring is reading comments from a bunch of 5 year olds
37. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You talking about us? You're making yourself sound like a 3 year old! I'm not trying to be mean, but really dude? REALLY?
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
At least they aren't giving up ... which is good.
20. jael206 (Posts: 114; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
yeah.. like how nokia gave up on symbian. sad
4. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I'LL THROW MY PHONE OF THEY WILL EVER DO THAT!!
NASTY BLACK SHITTY FRUIT DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY LOVELY NEXUS, YOU AREN'T WORTH ENOUGH
LIKE ANDROID USERS GIVE A S H I T ABOUT YOUR DEVICE
6. MarioGomez (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Nicolas, why do you hate Blackberry?
13. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
nasty overpriced s**tty devices, they sell Z10 for $750, what ??
-outdated dual core s4 krait (it's either quadcore or octa-core now)
-cheap build quality
-lag lag lag
-doesn't even have native youtube app instead it directs you to the website
-the maps app sucks really bad, doesn't even have sattelite view, let alone street view
-big nasty bezel
-nobody uses it
$350 (unless you live in third world)
-quadcore s4 pro
-camera isn't good but either but it has photosphere
-premium build quality
The Choice Is Yours...
17. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
can you build a Phone?
if not, you better shut up
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nicolas, the Z10 is not bad at all, trust me, I've tried it before.
38. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
so have i, the screen is miniscule. i've also tried the map s app, it sucked, and laggy
26. slaggyb (Posts: 167; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The answer is simple and obvious he can't afford it...
27. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
My nexus 4 + nexus 10 = $750
36. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
People who hate something for no reason have a mental disorder
40. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
call me crazy, but i think the one who has a mental disorder is you. you can't read can you? i said "z10 is overpriced"
44. apiskula (Posts: 441; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Another great comment...Blackberry is overpriced, junk software, junk phone, and a waste of time.
7. MarioGomez (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Let's have WP, Blackberry, Android and IOS.
Let's see competence.
Let's see innovation.
Blackberry did really hard in the last year to get in the game again. They deserve respect now.
Let's wish them good luck instead of insulting them.
14. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1349; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
are you loco? blackberry did nothing in 2012, they didn't release any device whatsoever, only bitching about bb10
19. illiad (Posts: 104; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
'takeover' is baaaad word to use...
If I hijack your car, how would you feel???
I think blacvkeberry has only suceeded in make a more irritaitng and stupid ad than MS...
please, back to the 'how good it is' ...
33. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Crazy how these ad free driven mobile platforms will roll over and let advertisers "takeover" one's ios and android phones. Like YouTube playing commercials in front of a video. Google makes you watch a commercial on some videos before you can watch videos.
10. renaissance (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
poor guy, get a good psychiatrist who will cure your BBphobia ;)
43. apiskula (Posts: 441; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I love your comments...Blackberry is garbage and i would never recommend it to anyone!
9. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
i REALLY MISS N9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY NOKIA WHY????????
32. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 769; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i still use mine as my main phone in fact i'm not right now :)
31. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Didn't Google play remove ad blockers and banned them from their store? Google and the starving apps developers gotta get paid.
18. dapsta (Posts: 17; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
That's a good add. Short and sweet.
Shows the feature and doesn't and has a little edge to it. Doesn't assume you are an imbecile like apple adds with the kindergarten music and white background, and doesn't try too hard like some Samsung adds do.
23. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 769; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that's actually pretty cool(how it works ) lol.
42. apiskula (Posts: 441; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Blackberry sucks...It is slowly dying. Thorsten close your doors!
46. mattrajeh (Posts: 11; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Blackberry 10 is great, but the only problem is that it is over priced, especially when compared to amazing and better Android smartphones with wayyy lower price, Nikolas has a point, im a BlackBerry fan and i agree(small screen, high price...) if they will stay like this, Blackberry will be gone soon
47. isprobi (Posts: 121; Member since: 30 May 2011)
So many talking about small screen and high price. The screen is as big as iPhone5 and prices are not that different between those two phones. But what really makes Z10 different is awesome multi-tasking and all your messages in one place. I am loving mine so far. I have all the important apps I need but some will want more. As for build quality the plastic is as good as that paper thin Samsung stuff.