BlackBerry Z10 sells out in India
The report cites the low price of 17,990 Rupees ($300 USD) as one of the reasons for the heavy demand. But some retailers are able to maintain sales of the phone at the higher price of 20,000 Rupees ($334 USD). The demand for the Z10 in India is good news for BlackBerry considering that last December, the company took a charge of $2.7 billion to cover the declining value of BlackBerry Z10 handsets collecting dust in the warehouse.
Besides the BlackBerry Z10, the flagship BlackBerry Z30 is also popular in India. The first 'Berry handset to sport a 5 inch screen, the combination of this larger display and the long battery-life (BlackBerry says it will run as long as 25 hours on a single charge), has buyers in India lined up for this model as well. The Z30 is priced at 34,990 Rupees ($583 USD).
Next month, the BlackBerry Z3 will be released in Indonesia before it becomes available in other emerging markets. The Z3 is the first phone to be delivered by Foxconn under the terms of a 5-year contract signed by the contract manufacturer, and BlackBerry. Foxconn designs, produces and stores the phones, while BlackBerry is responsible for delivering the OS. The handset is expected to be priced under $200 USD.
source: BBIN via AllAboutPhones (translated)
1. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Haven't seen a single BB handset around me. But doesn't mean that its not being sold.
21. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
same here bro...
wonder where all these folks are hiding
23. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
hiding in a pocket... too shy to show other that they use bb. LOL
and most of BB handset right now were used as dumb phone. only for calling and sms.
22. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Maybe you live in a high-salary neighborhood. You need to go to poor area to see bb handset used as a dumb phone (make call & sms only).
3. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Francis Underwood is using an outdated Bold and not a single whine about how its app sucks given his abrasive personality.. hahaha..
24. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
because he only using it as a dumb phone. sms & call only
4. iyngr (Posts: 69; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
e Waste around world dumped in this Sub Continent for lesser price!
5. r3trokiller (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
I'm thinking to get one, but sure that will be BB Z3 as soon as it arrives.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 2410; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I have a z10 as a daily driver for business, love the ease of use as well as the UI, and being able to play youtube videos on the background, honestly if it had the same camera as my lumia 1020 this would be my only driver
15. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Z10 is a wonderful piece of equipment overall, but it is not an advertized and "cool" accessory, that is why it is not selling well.
Ppl who say negative comments for BB10 devices have probably never even seen one. Complete ignorants.
18. panjgoori (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
+1. recently i bought a Z10 for myself and its simply amazing.
12. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I'm waiting Z3 too. Other brands suck in low end segment
6. Heatfan316 (Posts: 507; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Why didn't they do this in first place! India has more than four times the population of the US, I can only imagine what the z3 is going to do.
25. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
android one will surely kick z3 into dustbin faster than ever.
7. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Great job, BlackBerry! Selling the Z10 at a reduced price is certainly paying off for them. And the Z30's are moving as well, even at a higher price. Now what BlackBerry needs to do is follow suit with new handsets that they release. Price them lower, and they will sell in huge volumes. Use this tactic to build revenue and gain back market share. Keep up the good work, BlackBerry!
26. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Selling Z10 at a reduced price is only show that people think bb device is NOT WORTHED the money, and can only be sell cheap.. probably only used for sms and calling.
8. Zeeya (Posts: 222; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
First, I'm a BB Fan Boy...
But am I the only one that says... 10-15 devises each 30min is not much?
Its actually nothing....
they should sell way more to call it a success
14. cen89 (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Are you serius? 10-15 devices in every single store around the country each 30 min. is not much for you? i think you should recalculate.
17. panjgoori (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
10-15 devices per store per 30 min is really nothing ? its more than enough for struggling company. really great figures.
10. najib1312 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Here in Malaysia, you can buy a new Blackberry Z10 for as low as RM750 (US$250). Definitely a value-for-money device considering the fact that it gives 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, HD Display and best of all, support for Android Apps.
27. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
value for money?? You must be joking!!! Z10 is a trash.
11. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
People lined up for this garbage. Give me a break how pathetic
28. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You were the troll, and that's why you were banned.
16. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
The WorldWideWeb smells like horse-sh1t because of scum such as yourself...
How ignorant must someone be in order to call Z10 "garbage"!
Maybe you are jealous because you cannot afford one, huh?
19. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Why would I waste my time with so many better phones on the market. I can afford it no problem but I am much smarter to purchase a device like Samsung products than this garbage
20. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
BlackBerry is definitely not garbage. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean that it's bad. Fortunately, NOBODY pays any attention to your troll comments. Don't you have a life? All you do is troll BlackBerry articles. And you know damn well you don't have any money to purchase any phone at all, let alone a smartphone. Stop telling stories.
29. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
bb is a garbage, that's why it's sales number were going down, and right now only 1.6 million device in 1 quarter, compared to 2 years ago of 10 million device in 1 quarter.