BlackBerry Z10 now $99.99 with a 3-year contract in Canada
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Mar 2013, 11:29
Just days before the BlackBerry Z10 is supposed to be launched for consumers in the U.S., three Canadian carriers have slashed the price of the phone taking it under the $100 mark with a signed three year contract as we sit back and wonder just how badly does the phone need this price cut to succeed; the original price was $149.99 with the signed three-year pact...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun posted on 16 Mar 2013, 11:33 5
I wouldn't get a 3 year contract with the Galaxy S5 nevermind this thing
7. TheMan posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:03 1
I realize that 3-year is the norm North of the Border, the price of phones is generally increasing, and the price structure may be different in Canada, but isn't the time of the 3-year contract about over?
The cycle for revamping lines is much shorter, which feeds directly into the consumer desire to change devices soon.
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Mar 2013, 11:38 2
Down to $99 in what, less than a month? Sounds like soft demand to me.
3. 3SM.. posted on 16 Mar 2013, 12:37 1
Well for one, you have to consider it's a 3-year contract; which I'd had to be forced to even consider buying a Z10 and be stuck w/ it for 3-years. But despite that Blackberry has stated that the Z10 is selling well, I find it hard to believe that now. If the Z10 can't even sell well in it's home country (given that they are already lowered the price), just imagine how it's going to sell in the U.S. I'm sure the carriers are going to lower the price to free on a 2-year contract after the first month or two after it launches. Even third-party retailers like LetsTalk, Wirefly, and Amazon may even lunch it at $49, or even free at launch.
14. 3SM.. posted on 17 Mar 2013, 09:08 0
Not really, considering that the Z10 launched at a higher price than the 920. And besides, the 920 is a better phone compared to the Z10.
4. StreetNerd posted on 16 Mar 2013, 12:43 5
wtf theres a 3-year contract?! whoes so dumb to get a 3year contract?! O_0
6. Cha7520 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:18 5
Wow really? Who would lock themselves in a 3 year contract with an already outdated phone? So stupid!
8. corporateJP posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:09 0
Canadian carriers are ruthless, always have been.
9. StreetNerd posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:57 0
so why not buying off contract? and get 1yr sim only contract? way cheaper
10. rebeccajustin (banned) posted on 16 Mar 2013, 15:38 0
Can someone plz kill blackberry.oh wait,its doing quite fine on its own!bb stinks!
12. Daftama posted on 16 Mar 2013, 22:32 0
Smh ill take 4 year contract if you give it for free
13. bluescreen posted on 16 Mar 2013, 22:45 0
this is so retarded.... 18months into their contract their going to be carrying around a rock in their pocket
15. apiskula posted on 18 Mar 2013, 15:32 0
I would not buy this crap if it was free on contract. RIP blackberry your day is coming