BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 now available unlocked, directly from BlackBerry
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2013, 21:28 posted on
BlackBerry has started selling the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10, unlocked and SIM free from its own web site; the phones are compatible with the networks belonging to AT&T and T-Mobile. The all-touch BlackBerry Z10 in black and white, is priced at $449 while the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 is priced at $549 for the same colors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bozzor (Posts: 111; Member since: 02 May 2012)
LOL! The Z10 prices are $20-60 higher than the vast majority of online retailers. Q10 price appears very competitive so far, but have a feeling that the online guys will soon drop it even further to below $500.
2. camera531 (Posts: 153; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
The Z10 is only $362.50 at Negri Electronics. BlackBerry is fooling themselves with this absurd pricing. The ultimate example of incompetence.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5719; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"The ultimate example of incompetence."
There have been soo many examples of incompetence. This is but the latest.
5. Taters (Posts: 2822; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I'll buy the Z10 for work if there is a $99 fire sale playbook style.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5719; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Give it some time. I imagine that within a month or two, the $99 specials will arrive. By January, 2014, the phones will be on Overstock.com for $99 unlocked.
10. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
and maybe if you wait until march 2014, it will be $9,99, as there will be no sales and all phones bought in dec returned...
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5719; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
$0.99, but with a two-year signed contract.
7. tsuperman (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
For $99 firesale, i'll probably buy the Z10 & hope that XDA devs ports android to it.
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2301; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I wouldnt put too much faith into that, they never touched the Playbook unfortunately, which is unfortunate since it was a pretty good tablet.
8. kanagadeepan (Posts: 664; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
What to say????
They are so adamant to correct their mistakes, even at their last moments....
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
BB have a serious problem with pricing there only foooling themselves with it!
12. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Why are people surprised with the pricing. Look at how much Sony sell their phones on their website, compared how much you can but it for a normal high street store.
13. theaztech (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
if the q10 is dropped to 200 ill pick it up real quick.
i still love the form factor.
14. theaztech (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
dang it, the tmobile q10 is already marked as discountinued.
16. downphoenix (Posts: 2301; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Blackberrry needs to be realistic. They already did the writeoff. So just sell em cheap, get the inventory cleared, and get some cash flowing.