BlackBerry World now up to 120,000 apps including Bloomberg and iHeartRadio
When the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 launched earlier this year, BlackBerry World contained 70,000 titles. Now, just as the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 starts to roll out globally, the Canadian manufacturer has announced that it has 120,000 apps for BlackBerry 10.1 users to choose from. Back in October 2010, the Android Market hit 100,000 apps on its way to its current inventory of over 750,000 choices for Android users. What gives BlackBerry users some hope is that back then, the Android Market was a third of the size of the Apple App Store. Now, both platforms are roughly neck and neck.
Some of the titles that are coming to BlackBerry World are doing so thanks to the update to BlackBerry 10.1 that is being made available today, via an OTA update, to owners of the BlackBerry Z10. Those sporting the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 had the latest OS build pre-installed on the device. Some of the more well-known titles being added to BlackBerry World include Skype, Bloomberg Hub, and iHeartRadio. Still missing from the platform are some extremely popular apps such as Instagram, which has already ruled out developing a native app for BlackBerry 10.1. Windows Phone users are also without a native Instagram app, although third party developers are trying to try to fill the void.
source: BlackBerry via TheNextWeb
1. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
This is fantastic news for BB and BB users. A strong new OS with a wide selection of apps is exactly what they need. Keep it coming! Stoked for my Q10 delivery in the next few days (I live in the UK, I did not pay $800 for it).
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, amazing news! 120,000 apps, BB is improving very quickly!
Keep it up BB!
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Hey you know what ? BlackBerry Q10 is priced at ONE GRAND in where i live
BB is obviously out of their mind.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Keep on spewing the hate, Nikolas! It's selling and people are liking it!
And the Q10 is not bad at all, even though it is a bit pricey, but it is worth the buy.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Hating hating hating hating hating
My comment is has and will always be followed by a fact
Blackberry Q10 is not bad, Gotta be honest here (Compared to low end droids, not a match for high end droids)
But holy egg it is hell of a rip off
Worth buying? one grand ? you gotta get your brain checked bro
What do you get with one grand ? Let's go ahead and check them out
-Mediocre camera (BlackBerry is and will never be known for its camera
-Outdated sillicon (IT still uses TI OMAP chip which is like 2 years old )
-old gpu PowerVR SGX544
-PLASTIC BODY (yes i know you all will bash me "S4 is plastic too")
People are liking it ? don't think so
i can buy nexus 4, nexus 7 and nexus 10 with one grand (and still have 50 bucks)
there's no reason to buy this phone at all, tell me what this phone can do that android / ios can't do ? (aside from qwerty keyboard, obviously)
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, you need to see a doctor Nikolas.
I'm not going to argue with you but I will use a simple answer to answer you,
BlackBerry Q10 = TRUE BLACKBERRY MASTERPIECE!
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
BlackBerry is the one who needs a doctor to bring them back to life
if you really love bb then why don't you buy one ? why did you buy xperia z instead?
I'm not going to argue with you as well (Except if MC1123 or pikapowerize) i just wanted to make everything clear that BB is OVERPRICED considering their old fashion hardware
11. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
You'd understand why the Q10 is a grand if you understood simple economics. The one that's a grand probably ships from the UK (I checked, they're cheaper if they ship in from Canada), so you have to convert £ to $ (1.6). Then you add a supply / demand surplus on there and BAM, there's your grand.
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
hell no, my friend once imported iPhone 5 from the united states and still costs mere 800 bucks
15. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I'm not exactly sure what that statement means. I'm not sure if you can take a hint or not but you've collected a large number of "thumbs down". You should probably reevaluate your opinion of BB and realise that what you're saying is complete utter rubbish.
16. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i give zero f**k to those thumbs
17. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
It'd help if you went to a doctor anyway and spent a grand on treating yourself.
3. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Still no instagram and native youtube app, such a shame for a $770 phone
24. GTR722 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
even in my country is less than that, where do you live ?? noth pole?
29. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Nobody gives a crap about instagram.. it was made for bitches like u who like to spend half their day in the bathroom taking pics of themselves hahaha.. The youtube works beautifully through the browser.. My Z10 is only 600 with tax and worth a lot more than the S4
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
120k, yet most of the apps gimmick Smh...
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Who use Skype? And who use Bloomberg? Shame on you bb :(
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
which side are you on actually wendy? you say you don't like android anymore due to lack of flash and FM Radio
Now you hate BB as well, and you once said on whatsapp you don't like Apple either due to their pricing
are you a WP guy?
Having said all of that, i agree with your comment
8. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
30. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Most of the apps are more usefull than the 700k android and iOS apps
28. muhsen (Posts: 277; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
after announcing bbm for ios and android. bb is dead and buried six feat underground
31. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I'm gonna bury u under my balls and i don't even use BBM and never have...It's everything else about blackberry that makes it best ;)
19. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Most of these are s**tty ports from android
21. snowgator (Posts: 3394; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Won't comment on whether they are good or bad, but the statement is true. But, it is better to port apps then have no apps at all.
20. downphoenix (Posts: 2768; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
The app selection is just like 20k from Windows Phone, and WP has been around since 2010.
MS is twiddling their thumbs. Blackberry is gonna come out from under them soon enough.
27. muhsen (Posts: 277; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
i have checked , most of the bb world app selection r actually fart apps. unlike wp where there is a top app or two added each week !!!it's funny that heins said its not about the numbers and all bb app world is about is numbers.
there's no viber yet on bb10 and lots of other missing important apps that came to wp while ago,
33. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
There is like only one fart app.. You are a complete dum ass
I would love to slap u over the head so hard that u fall over like the shmuck that u are
22. funnyguy2 (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I thought BlackBerry had gone Bankrupt ?
They are in the same Boat with Nokia....
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You're back after a week's banned!
25. funnyguy2 (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2013)
They can shoot me but they can't kill me...
34. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Nokia is at 3.60 and Blackberry at about 15.50 in Stocks. that's a huge difference. BB is way ahead
26. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
They should announce an app for bankruptcy. They will be needing that soon
35. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
They should announce an app called Idiotic for people like you who truly are
36. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
You Blackberry fan boys crack me up